Stock 18” wheels w/ OME lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can I use the stock GX460 18” wheels with a 2.5/3” OME lift without wheel spacers? I ask because it was necessary on my Tundra.

Can I use the stock GX460 18” wheels with a 2.5/3” OME lift without wheel spacers? I ask because it was necessary on my Tundra.
If all you're doing is increasing the tire size a little with a stock wheel, you should have no problem with a 2.5" - 3" lift.
But you didn't mention what tires you plan on.

If all you're doing is increasing the tire size a little with a stock wheel, you should have no problem with a 2.5" - 3" lift.
But you didn't mention what tires you plan on.
Either KO2’s or Toyo AT3’S. Either 265/70r18, 275/65r18 or 275/70r18. Preferably the size that the spare will fit with the factory class 4 hitch installed. If I wasn’t concerned about the spare, it would be the 275/70r18 for sure.

Reactions: r2m
Either KO2’s or Toyo AT3’S. Either 265/70r18, 275/65r18 or 275/70r18. Preferably the size that the spare will fit with the factory class 4 hitch installed. If I wasn’t concerned about the spare, it would be the 275/70r18 for sure.
31.5" diameter has a good chance of fitting. With 31.7" tires I need KDSS spacers to get the spare in. Others with the exact same tire didn't. I'm using Falken Rubitreks in 265/75-17 on 8.5" wide rims. Those tires tend to run large. Supposedly KO2s run small.

There can be a half inch range between tire makes/models in the same nominal size. TireRack has the actual diameter data.

31.5" diameter has a good chance of fitting. With 31.7" tires I need KDSS spacers to get the spare in. Others with the exact same tire didn't. I'm using Falken Rubitreks in 265/75-17 on 8.5" wide rims. Those tires tend to run large. Supposedly KO2s run small.

There can be a half inch range between tire makes/models in the same nominal size. TireRack has the actual diameter data.
Thanks. I’m looking at reusing the stock wheels if that changes anything. If I have to get new wheels I’ll probably get Method MR312’s or NV’s.

Last edited:
I think the wheel width make a small difference in mounted tire diameter but it's probably not too critical here.

I think the wheel width make a small difference in mounted tire diameter but it's probably not too critical here.
If you're serious about off roading and airing down, narrower is always better (within reason). When aired down (10-15 psi) , a narrower rim will help keep the tire bead from blowing off the rim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom