Stereo buzzing when turned off? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quick, short history...
I've had this 99 Land Cruiser for about 5 years. The radio didn't work when I bought it, and I lived without a radio until this past June when I nad a new one installed at Best Buy. Within a week or so my alternator went out. I had it replaced along with the battery.
Now the truck is making a whirring sound that increases and decreases as the RPMs change. But the weirdest part is that is whirs much more loudly when the radio is off.
For reference I had the fuse box replaced in the last year with no problems.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Is it likely a bad battery? Maybe a faulty replacement alternator? Or is it the way the radio was installed?

Thanks in advance!

Hu ground interference

My guess would be the ridiculous high gain on the stock amplifier. Mine had that problem, new amp fixed it

Definitely a bad ground somewhere. And most of the guys that work at BB and do auto audio installs are hacks (not all but most) and this is coming from someone that worked for BB for years. You should have instantly taken it back to them to have them fix it when this originally happened. Now, well I would take it to a reputable shop and have them go through and fix it.

Thank you all for the ideas. I'm taking it back into Best Buy tomorrow to see if they can fix it. If not, I'll figure out something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom