steering rack leak.... :( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so guys a couple of weeks into my prado ownership and i see spots of oil on the carport floor so i get under the vehicle and see that the steering rack leaking from both sides..... so my question is "do i need to change the whole steering rack (uber expensive here) :eek: or are there seals inside which can be changed?"

i would appreciate the feedback before the rip the whole thing off and have it opened up...... :wrench:

would appreciate any feedback...

thank you in advance

ToyoDIY.com

gives all the part numbers as well................. cummon fellaz a little halp for the islander lost on a developing nation.... :)

checked the prices of japanese used racks... costs around $1000 US here.......... so i have opted for the rebuild kit.... but is it the same for KZJ95 and LJ95??? a little help.............

thanks heaps MaTTi ........... will look into it.... anyways i have bought the entire power steering rack gasket kit and as soon as my machenic buddy is free we will get to fix the leak.... the leak isnt much though..... just a drop or 2 on each side of the rack......

the Genuine Toyota repair kit cost me $350 Fijian dollars, which is roughly around $160US ........ so much so for the sky high prices of unreliable japanese used racks... :)

Krishanprasad - [STRIKE]I have a steering rack leak too...could you tell me what is the part number that you bought? Is it the oil seal or the complete kit?
[/STRIKE]

Update - I decided to purchase and fit a reconditioned steering rack so no worries with the earlier question.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom