Steering Hydraulic Filters (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am running a saginaw pump, steering box and hydroboost. I use a screen style inline filter on the return to an external reservoir. This style filter is very sensitive to micro-debris and seems to clog up every few months. Hunting for a different product and looking for suggestions.

Found this:

$41 for the adapter and spin on filter. Has a 15PSI bypass. Seems reasonable for a return line filter.

Any other ideas?

EDIT: I am asking because I am concerned with back pressure. This type of filter seems like a great idea, but if it has more back pressure than the screen filters I use now it would be me no good.

Thanks

Last edited:
I used this kit from Summit on my '92 Ford F350 dually power steering system. Derale Standard Automatic Transmission Filter Kits 13090 I also followed the advice of the guy in the first review and replaced the filter in the kit with the K&N PS-1002 filter. I do not have gage to check pressure on the system but it's been working fine AFAIK since installed. Power steering has power and the hydroboost brakes work great. I refilled the system with Red Line synthetic fluid as well FWIW.

Nick

Nick, thanks for your reply.

I used this kit from Summit on my '92 Ford F350 dually power steering system. Derale Standard Automatic Transmission Filter Kits 13090 I also followed the advice of the guy in the first review and replaced the filter in the kit with the K&N PS-1002 filter. I do not have gage to check pressure on the system but it's been working fine AFAIK since installed. Power steering has power and the hydroboost brakes work great. I refilled the system with Red Line synthetic fluid as well FWIW.

Nick

I ended up deciding on using filter screen inside my reservoir in the shape of a 3" diameter by 4" tall cone that covers the outlet pipe. Should be very little back pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom