Starting issue 3b diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys
I am having a problem starting my truck with 3B diesel whereby it will never start first turn of the key but with out fail it always starts second time, It was suggested that the Edic motor could be the problem. What is precedure to test it as I always like to fix things Myself or a least Identify the fault..................Dazz

[quote author=BJ42turbo link=board=1;threadid=7569;start=msg63288#msg63288 date=1068860015]
Guys
I am having a problem starting my truck with 3B diesel whereby it will never start first turn of the key but with out fail it always starts second time, It was suggested that the Edic motor could be the problem. What is precedure to test it as I always like to fix things Myself or a least Identify the fault..................Dazz
[/quote]

If you want to rule out the EDIC, you need to bypass the EDIC, If that fixes it then look at the EDIC or the EDIC relay. If you need more info on this email me direct.

HTH

Sheldon

Just disconnect the arm of the motor by pulling it up and see if that fixes the problem..

Get someone to turn the ignition on and view the EDIC motor arm move to the overinjection position, once the trucks starts it should move slightly to the run position.

Otherwise your injectors could be worn and faulty or your glow plugs are in poor condition. Sometimes I have seen this were the first turn of the key does not get the plugs hot enough while the second turn of the ignition will provide sufficient heat.

Rob
www.raddcruisers.ca

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom