1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting issue 3b diesel

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by bj42turbo, Nov 14, 2003.

1. bj42turbo

bj42turbo

Guys
    I am having a problem starting my truck with 3B diesel whereby it will never start first turn of the key but with out fail it always starts second time, It was suggested that the Edic motor could be the problem. What is precedure to test it as I always like to fix things Myself or a least Identify the fault..................Dazz

2. Jonathan_Ferguson

Jonathan_Ferguson ★ is in the wrong locale SILVER Star

Is the Edic the Rod thing(Situated near the Injector Pump) that moves when you turn the Key to the second position? :-\

3. bj42turbo

bj42turbo

4. 70sguy

70sguy GOLD Star

[quote author=BJ42turbo link=board=1;threadid=7569;start=msg63288#msg63288 date=1068860015]
    Guys
    I am having a problem starting my truck with 3B diesel whereby it will never start first turn of the key but with out fail it always starts second time, It was suggested that the Edic motor could be the problem. What is precedure to test it as I always like to fix things Myself or a least Identify the fault..................Dazz
    [/quote]

If you want to rule out the EDIC, you need to bypass the EDIC, If that fixes it then look at the EDIC or the EDIC relay. If you need more info on this email me direct.

HTH

Sheldon

5. ehsankiani

ehsankiani

Just disconnect the arm of the motor by pulling it up and see if that fixes the problem..

6. Radd Cruisers

Radd Cruisers

Get someone to turn the ignition on and view the EDIC motor arm move to the overinjection position, once the trucks starts it should move slightly to the run position.

Otherwise your injectors could be worn and faulty or your glow plugs are in poor condition. Sometimes I have seen this were the first turn of the key does not get the plugs hot enough while the second turn of the ignition will provide sufficient heat.

Rob
    www.raddcruisers.ca

7. bj42turbo

bj42turbo

Thanks Guys
    I will check it out this weekend. The injectors and the Glow plugs were replaced not long ago, just before I had the turbo installed......Dazz

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">