St. Anthony Sand Dunes Trip, Oct. 12-13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well summer has come to an abrupt halt but there's still one last run on the calendar.... the Sand Dunes!!!

The forecast for Saturday is 50 and sun with overnight lows around 20. It does look like they got some snow today though.

The best meeting point is the Sand Hills Resort
865 Red Rd, St Anthony, ID 83445

If there's a 9:30am meet up that will give folks the option to drive out Saturday morning. Anyone wanting to do Saturday morning will have to be on the road at 6am as it's about a 3 hour drive.
There is plenty of camping just past the entrance to the Sand Hill Resort and the resort is now closed for the season.

All the basics for any trail ride apply plus a few additional items; sand flags are required, CB comms or HAM radio, secure EVERYTHING in your rig to keep projectiles safe, a solid cooling system as the sand can be demanding, and if you've got any recovery gear or traction boards they will serve you well!!

Here's a few planning threads with all the extra info one could want:

And a ride report and pictures:

So who's interested??
Please post up if you want to go or are considering it for planning purposes.

Thanks,
Lax

I can't make it but i have a couple of GPS tracks from when I got us all lost last time and GPS coordinates for the good camp out spot we usually stay at.

Expert pro level tips:
skinni pedal is your fren
always stop with the nose pointed down the hill
never smash the brakes when you come to a stop. coasting is best. you'll dig down and make a hole
and don't be afraid to #sendit like @TommyGuns

DSC_0047 (1).JPG

I am a little off on the date, for some reason I still think we are in late September? I was planning on going but now knowing it is this weekend I can't make it either. Sorry Saul I would have loved to go and camp out one last time! Aaron it looks like we will miss our St. Anthony Sand Dunes Trip Mexican dinner too, ☹!

Saul, hate to say it but doesn't look like anyone else is planning to head down to the dunes. I'm not able to make it but I'd hoped there would be a few rigs going...

Looking at the one webcam I found for St. Anthony it looks like they've still got about as much snow on the ground as us. I don't know what the dunes themselves look like though.

So if anyone wants to head down still, speak up and check with @Saul Abel

:rofl::rofl::rofl:!! Not Saul!!!

Would be cool to see pics!

Rigger, ttFJC Aaron posted some pics from last year..........

Dang wish I had seen this. I would have met you there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom