SQUEEEEALL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tenn,

I installed 100 series front pads about 15k miles ago. I didn't do anything other than put them in without the anti-squeal shims. (won't fit otherwise...) I use 80 series OEM pads on the rear.

On 91-92 trucks, the 100 series pads are too thick and need to have the braking surface sanded off a little; in addition to removal of the anti-squeal shims.

I selected the Axxis Metal Master brand front pads on the recommendation of others. They are wearing very, very well. They perform very good. They squeal sometimes; more often than not. I will try OEM 100 series front pads on the next brake service.

Frank,
The concensus is don't use drilled rotors if you take your truck off-road. As C-Dan said, the holes leave you vulnerable for sticks and stones. Slotted are OK and the DBA rotors are performing very well in the 80s according to those that bought them.

-B-

Old post. I searched. :)

I, like the OP, have some pulsating at low speeds, so I think one or more of my rotors are out of true. I also have some intermittent squealing when turning at low speeds. I'd like to do new rotors and pads all around but that's not an option right now.

My question is, why do folks here advise not to just get your rotors turned?

Because most of the time they don't do it right and you will have more pulsing than before.

Anyone recently bought all 4 rotors and pads all around from Toyota, recently? How much did it set you back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom