Squealing Noise when Turning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if anyone else has this happen to them. I’m not sure if it is an issue or what to check to see if there is a worn out part or whatever. It only happens on certain surfaces like asphalt, especially asphalt that is smooth. It also happens before full lock and is associated with the speed of the vehicle, so I don’t think PS pump is the culprit.

Tire, belt, or vane pump squeal.

Doesn’t sound like the pump or belt. What would be causing it with the tires?

Doesn’t sound like the pump or belt. What would be causing it with the tires?
Do you have the 4x4 (center diff button) pressed in? This is located right next to the hazard switch.

every Toyota/Lexus 4x4 vehicle I have ever owned squeals the tires on certain surfaces with slow tight turns. Especially in parking garages. Is that what you're hearing?

I've always assumed it's a tiny bit of bind in the center diff coupled with warn out bushings etc. Never been an issue

every Toyota/Lexus 4x4 vehicle I have ever owned squeals the tires on certain surfaces with slow tight turns. Especially in parking garages. Is that what you're hearing?

I've always assumed it's a tiny bit of bind in the center diff coupled with warn out bushings etc. Never been an issue
That’s exactly what I’m hearing. Just want to make sure it’s not an issue or something needs to be replaced

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom