Spring/Summer Trail Rides (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok. Here's the plan. We will be meeting in Norris at the gas station at 9 am Saturday morning to wheel the Tobacco Roots. We may stop at the lake and throw a fishing pole too for lunch if anyone's interested. It should be a good time. Hope to see you there.

Sounds like fun! I won't be able to make due to the Bobcat home opener. I'm looking forward to seeing a few pictures and a trail report.

Maybe we can shoot for one in October, as well? Sundays work a little better for me.

unfortunetly, I'm out also.

So where are the pic.s???????

yes, what he ^ said. :D I am in helena and would love to trail ride with more toyota guys. The helena 4wd club is running up to caruthers lakes near deer lodge on the 25th. meeting at murdocks on n montana ave in helena, 8:00am, then caravaning over if anyone want to go.

Ok. Here's the update. I picked up the SD card tonite with the pics. We had 3 vehicles for the day to go up South Meadow Road. Did some nice climbs along the way. We followed the road to the lake, where we found a few nibbles on the line and one broken line, but no catches. After lunch we headed out where we turned to go up the ridge. More of a steep climb. The 4Runner was locked front and rear, the Taco had the rear factory locker and my 40 had open diffs. On the way up I hit some loose dirt in the 40 and started digging with no forward progress. It started to get a little tippy so I tried to back down a little bit but the rut was taking me further off camber. Finally, I took a strap for safety sake. This happened twice on the way up, but once at the top 10016 ft what a view over Ennis Lake. After we left we took a different trail out that was very narrow and shallow. I was clearing timber with the 40 and eventually the Yakima rack just peeled right off the cruiser, but fortunately no damage done.
Picture 013.jpg
Picture 018.jpg
Picture 010.jpg

Looks like a nice ride.

the 4 runner looks due for a knuckle service.

Good eye. He's actually serviced that several times and the 4wheeling is killing those inner axle seals over and over again. Maybe he'll try Marlin ones next time. I need to do the same.

Good eye. He's actually serviced that several times and the 4wheeling is killing those inner axle seals over and over again. Maybe he'll try Marlin ones next time. I need to do the same.

If he's doing it over and over, it's probably not shimmed properly, 4wheeling doesn't affect the seals.
marlin ones will help but getting the knuckle centered on the axle is key.