Spring Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

packman73

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.kumandgo.com
How does May 11th or 18th sound for our next meeting? I was thinking it would be nice to have a get together and look at all the pics from the folks that are heading to Cruise Moab this year as they will be back then. Location? Suggestions welcome.

Also, If you could PM me your address information and TLCA #, I need to put our chapters CGS (Chapter in Good Standing) form together.

Also, Larry Laverty has graciously accepted the role of Tall Corn Cruiser Classic event chair this year. Casey and I will be working with him on the event planning, if there are other TCC members that would like to take an active role in this, we can definitely use the help.

I'm happy to see all the chatter on our boards! It's good to see our club bringing in new members and interest!

I thought I was supposed to do the CIGS report? Did I get voted out?

11th or 18th is fine, either one.

Also, re- TCCC: I'll help out in any way I can or you need.

Yeah, that's right. Send all your info to Doc! I can cross that off my list now. ;p

Yeah, that's right. Send all your info to Doc! I can cross that off my list now. ;p

Just PM me y'alls info and I'll complie it at some point.....

Let's not do it on the 11th. That's Mother's Day. :princess::princess::princess: Oh, and how 'bout having the meeting not in D.M. :D

Jim

Oh, and let me know what I can do to help for TCCC2. (We'll bring the big coffee pot back again this year for all you coffee junkies... :D:D)

Let's not do it on the 11th. That's Mother's Day.

I was about to post the same. My wife would be none too happy with me.

The 18th should work.

In regards to location, where do the majority of people live? Is there a map, much like Frappr.com ?

Last edited:
I think the best mothers day present I could give my wife would be to take the kid and leave the house for the afternoon.... !

PS- the middle of the Fort Dodge- Des Moines - Cedar Falls triangle is Ames. I'm sure we could come up with a location in Ames to meet at.

Any nice parks in Ames that would facilitate a bbq? I've been to Ames 3 times since I've lived here so I don't have any suggestions. That one place we met for dinner last year was nice, but it would be nice to be outdoors....

Boone is close to Ames... They have a nice city park, and also The Ledges State Partk is close and would be real cool in the spring (if open - weather permitting). I'm down for whatever though.

Just the rookie thinkin' out loud. :)

Boone is where I buy all my guns. C H E A P.

Oh, and they have a ski hill.

I got nothin'.

(I haven't ever been to ledges, but have heard it's nice. )

I think I heard a nasty rumor that one couldn't drink a beer or two :) in state parks anymore. Not sure how much truth there is to that, or if that matters to anyone. Again, just thinking out loud.

EDIT: (never mind)

Alcohol Consumption

Beer (with an alcohol content 5% or less by weight) and wine (with an alcohol content 17% or less by weight) can be consumed in state parks and recreation areas. Drinking of these beverages is not permitted on roads or in parking areas.

Keg beer is not permitted in campgrounds or on beaches. Persons wishing to hold a “kegger” or keg party in any other portion of a state park are required to obtain a keg beer permit in advance. The permit requires a minimum deposit of $100 and a responsibility agreement signed by a designated agent. Contact the area park office for more details.

Hard liquor (such as whiskey, vodka, etc.), wine with an alcohol content of more than 17 percent by weight or other alcoholic liquors are not to be consumed in parks and recreation areas.

Taken from: IA DNR: Alcohol Consumption

No Jager Bombs Packman. :p

Last edited:
I haven't been to Boone for a while, but I know of this city park that has shelter houses, playgrounds, etc. Map of Boone, IA by MapQuest .
If someone that lives close would check it out, it may work out.
LTL

I see link didn' pull up closeup, so it is Herman Park, look at Park Street and Story Street then a bit west.

What do you want to know about it? Michelle is driving down to ames on Friday and could check it out.

On a different note, what usually goes on at a meeting? I understand there are topics that need to be discussed, but are families welcome to come grill out with us, or is that not recommended?

Again, signed,
The Rookie :)

What goes on at the meetings?

Hookers and coke.

J/K. I bring my fam w/ me. Generally if they get bored they run off and do something else while we talk 'shop'. I don't think anyone is going to kick you out for bringing your fam along.

The Ledges is a beautiful state park. However, I can't remember if they have playground equipment anywhere. We have always either gone hiking or played frisbee/catch while there. :hmm:

The Ledges is a beautiful state park. However, I can't remember if they have playground equipment anywhere. We have always either gone hiking or played frisbee/catch while there. :hmm:

My son and I went up there last year, and I know there is at least one playground over by the camp grounds, and maybe one more by some shelter houses off the road that goes through the streams - toward the camp grounds? I remember seeing a playground, but I just don't remember where it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom