Spring Meeting Roll Call (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rain76king

Wicked Pissah Cruisah Haulah a NLC.
Threads
Spring Meeting
5/3/14
1PM
70 Manselville Rd, Deering NH

Trying to get an idea of how many folks we'll be expecting to get some numbers together for lunch.
If you plan on making it for the meeting please post up and let us know if you're intending
to stay the night as well.

Will post up a meeting agenda here in the next day or two.
Look forward to seeing you all there.

Thanks,
Bob

one, day only

Me, day only

Can't make it, roadtrip south.

Looking forward to the weekend.
Meeting Agenda on my end will be short and sweet-

Lunch at 1pm

-Year in review-
Treasurers report
Membership numbers

-President's report-
-Recommendations for the club going forward-
-Fall Gathering Committee-
-Changing BOD structure back to the way it was after a trial year.
-Nominations for open club positions and voting-

All positions are currently open for voting and nominations.

Then I'll turn the meeting over to the new BOD.

Thanks,
Bob

Anyone coming back from the meeting going down 95? (just back from, not to) I am looking for a ride back close to Cambridge or suburban subway stop. Will compensate with coffee :)

Please LMK ASAP, thanks.

I'll be there, day only.

Thanks Jr. for letting us use your place.
I'm sure Will will update the club with all the happenings of the meeting.

Over and out,
Bob

As you may or may not know we had our annual spring meeting yesterday May 3rd at 1pm. The meeting was held at Dave(Junior's) place in New Hampshire. A big thanks to Junior for offering the use of his home for our meeting. The meeting was opened and the treasurer report was given. For his last act as club president Bob made a motion to separate the role of membership director and treasurer back into two separate positions. The motion was acknowledged voted on and passed. As Bob stepped down we took nominations and voted on all positions for the new BOD. Before I go any further I would like to thank Bob for his service and commitment to our club, you have done a great job with limited resources.
The new BOD is as follows: President: Rick Bigelow Vice President: Niall Johnson Treasurer: Jim Barton Membership Director: Josh Frick Secretary & Communications: Will Sealy NEA Delegate: Russ Durning
The position of Assistant Treasurer still remains open. We would like to have another NEA Delegate. Russ is our main delegate but we would like to have 2 so there can be a back up if Russ or any of the BOD can not make it to an NEA meeting. The new BOD took over the meeting and set forth with a new agenda and commitment to serve the club. The first change that the new board implemented is to move up the time frame as to when we hold elections for BOD positions. In the past we would hold election at the spring meeting. it was decided to have nominations by Nov 15 and to hold election by Dec15th. This would give the new BOD time to transition and be able to start with club business come the 1st of the year instead of having a late start in the spring.
We discussed becoming compliant with the federal government and filing taxes, purchasing software to help with record keeping, and purchasing insurance to cover us against liability on our trail runs. It was stated that our discount through Wellesley Toyota is still active. Looking for volunteers for Fall Gathering. Although your help setting up and cleaning up is appreciated we need volunteers on the front end of this event to make phone calls and gather information on catering, sponsors for the raffle ect. so please do what you can.
It so happened that the NEA meeting was the same date as our spring meeting. Russ was able to attend and reported the following; The NEA voted in a new club named Mohawk Adventure Club. Seems that they are more of a Overland orientated group. Upcoming work days/trail maintenance: May 10th Field n Forest trying to establish a true green trail. May 11th(mother's day) there is a new offroad park in Berlin NH. June 8th maintenance at Swanzey. There will also be an open house at Field n Forest May 16th-18th it will be open to the public.

Last edited:
Thanks to Jr for opening up his house for the meeting and to Bob for the tireless work he has done over the years he has held office.

One request that was made was to go to an email format for club specific notices. I've made a form and emailed it to the BOD for review. Once it has been reviewed and any changes made I'll be emailing it out to the addresses I have and posting it here on MUD.

Once the form is in distribution I'd like to ask that people kindly share the form with other members so that we can quickly build the list and hopefully not leave anyone out.

In the interim if you would like to PM me your name and email addy I can add that to what I have.

Thanks again for those who have offered to help. We do have quite a few people on board but a few more would only lessen the load for everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom