Maybe we can do two nights. So meet up in Gerlach on Friday evening (by 5PM), camp and adventure around on Saturday, then head up HRC on Sunday? Or we can camp Friday night at SM, do HRC on Sat, camp at Steven's Camp Sat even, adventure around up north of HRC on Sunday and head home in the afternoon/evening?
So I have never been to Gerlach or BRD. The route we are taking to SM avoids the playa, right? Folks are still getting stuck and it is supposed to rain between now and our trip. I want to make sure we avoid unnecessary risks.
It is all highway up until the road to Soldier meadows ,then dusty fire road with the occasional dust pit and ditch. No Playa unless you want to. I'm all for the Friday night option. I probably wouldn't camp Saturday night. We could have a late leave time if anyone wants to drive to camp Saturday morning. But we would need to know they are coming so we could wait. A reasonable leave time would be 9:30 from camp. I am not available the 13th, may be doing the Rubicon. And the 30th is fast upon us. But that would be doable. Post up ya'll. What do you want to do?
Ok I am out... SIL and the twins are here until the 9th it sounds like. Don't get to see them often to "uncle fizzy" is gonna get the little dudes out and about. Maybe take them wheeling up to Hobart but out that way is a bit too far for a couple of 5yr olds.