spindle socket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can some one tell me where to get a spindle socket for the front-end of a 78' FJ40. ~54mm. I can't seem to find one ...

Go to Sears, buy the 2 1/8 socket (3/4 inch drive) plus the adapter for 1/2 drive. It is far superior to any of the other hub sockets I have seen, and you can have it today. It is super heavy duty, and probably weighs 16 oz! The one from SOR is a POS but works fine. Slee Offroad sells one that looks nice but also is 3/4 inch drive. I've never seen one in person, but if he sells it, it will be great. The Sears one is really nice to use if you like nice tools.

Damnit Drew! You just beat me....
Yeah I have the SOR one, and it works, but it looks like its only good for 5 or so repacks before it wears out. The only problem with a regular massive socket like that is that they are sometimes they will be too thick to fit.

You're right-I wouldn't use a cheap big socket from Harbor Freight, but the Craftsman 2 1/8 works great on all of my cruisers. I've got an SOR socket too and keep it in the trail box for emergencies only.

[quote author=CruisinGA link=board=1;threadid=4459;start=msg33334#msg33334 date=1061343006]
The only problem with a regular massive socket like that is that they are sometimes they will be too thick to fit.
[/quote]

I bought a Proto 54mm and it was too big to fit in the hub (and it was expensive). I think it's the same as the Stanley brand. I agree with everyone else, go with the Craftsman 2-1/8" and you won't have any problems.

Snap On/Blue Point, $17 MUCH better than any other, this is what Slee sells, you will need an 3/4 to 1/2 adapter, get a cheapy $4 one at the parts store.

OTC makes a nice socket, local home town parts store carries them.

John H

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom