Wanted speedometer or instrument cluster for '71 FJ40. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
The female threaded speedo connector cracked. Need replacement speedometer of whole instrument cluster.

@JVZii should have that nylon part, assuming you want to try and repair yours. I might have a speedo that doesn’t roll over anymore but still has an intact cable connector, but being a vendor with bricks and mortar overhead usually puts me at a disadvantage with the hobbiests. LMK.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check with @JVZii, but I'm at the point where I was considering an entire instrument cluster replacement to solve the problem but couldn't find even that...

@TimMc81

I do have a few plastic bodies but I am not sure how good they are. In any case I will check my stash. And let you know what I have. @CondeCruiser might be a good option as well. Complete early 70s clusters are somewhat rare.

Thanks
Jack

You can also try the southern solution.
Put a radiator clamp around the screw in part of the speedometer with the cable in it. It seems like the threads would hold the cable in place.

I have never tried it but always wondered if it would work.

@TimMc81

I do have a few plastic bodies but I am not sure how good they are. In any case I will check my stash. And let you know what I have. @CondeCruiser might be a good option as well. Complete early 70s clusters are somewhat rare.

Thanks
Jack
I have this one, the housing is good. Can't speak for the rest of it.
16817766866749156981095962528284.jpg

Yes, that is the part that has a crack in the top so cable pops out.
Are you interested in selling?

Still looking? Thread is open.

I think I have enough parts now to come up with one working group of instruments. Thanks for asking. I'll close out the thread once I figure out how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom