You have to remove the kick panels. The junction block connectors are stuffed into the drain pockets (another reason not to fill them with rainwater from the drains). I would recommend pulling them out, but not unplugging them; the terminals will thank you later.
I always remove the seats when I work in the front area, it takes 10 minutes and you have so much more elbow room. YMMV
I removed the A-piller trim because I thought it would expose the chase the harness and drain tube uses to get from the roof to floor. It doesn't; don't bother with it. You do have to drop the front corners of the headliner though, and that requires removing the grab handles, sunroof trim ring, rear view mirror and sun visors (be careful with the sun visor wiring, the connector is stuffed in there too far and it''s really small). You can (carefully) pull the corners out of the A-pillar trim.
This assumes you have a '95-'97 80, and not a '91-'94 model. The early models used a glued in place headliner. AFAIK, they will not come off without damage. I haven't been game enough to try my '94, I just removed the body bolt from the fender to open the drain pocket.
The real trick is pulling the new tube through the chase. I used a 1/2" long wooden plug (made from a Ø5/8" hardwood dowel I turned down to 17-mm) with a hole drilled in the center. I keep a length of lawnmower starter cord handy for pulling things with (it won't stretch and has incredible tensile strength). I slipped it through the hole in the plug, knotted it, then inserted the plug into the upper end of the hose.
You can then, carefully, pull the hose down through the drain pocket, with the plug/cord. If you plug the lower end of the new tube with (now) upper end of the cord, you can, carefully, pull the tube down through the chase and route the lower end wherever you want. I tried for about an hour, and couldn't get the tube to go up. It came down in less than 5 minutes.
I wouldn't recommend trying to "feed" the tube down through the chase. Unless you hate yourself.
When I pulled the hose out on the driver side this is what I found. It appears that someone had pulled the wiring and the drain out before and when they shoved it back in they kinked the hose. I just cut it off, spliced in a new piece, and ran it through the floor. All is well now. Thanks for all your help.