Spark Plugs on Harrop Supercharged LX 570 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone
I am a new member and just got my new-to-me 2016 Lexus LX 570 a few months ago. So far I've installed a K&N intake and the DirtyIndustries - custom made muffler delete exhaust. Now after a couple of months of debating I've decided to go with the Harrop Supercharger kit and tracking shows its just a couple days away.

Now I know that the Magnuson kits come with supercharger specific spark plugs but I can't find info on the part number for those plugs and whether or not I need to run those on my LX?

EDIT: Also I am looking for input from anybody that has SC'ed their 200, how did you guys tune your trucks? My research shows that the only tuner that has cracked our ECU's is OV/VF Tuner. Has anyone used VF Tuner with ease/success? With HPTuner it seems that the 2015 is the last year that has been successfully tuned so I don't think it'll work with my 2016 truck?

eZKimChi, I just installed a Harrop Stage 1 a few weeks ago, it was a self install deal that i did after finding out most dealers want 25 hr work to it. Anyway i'm still on my 1st tank of gas and notice the MPG is settling close to 15 city driving. But again i'm cycling the throttle on different RPM stage so that the computer can have enough data points to fill the new calibration. I've research for tuner nearby and nothing stand out that has more knowledge on Toyota Supercharge truck. Currently running with out tune and all stock it seems to be running just fine. Again not until i have a way to see the data to analyzed, only then i would know what direction. I'm currently setting to add a double wideband O2 sensor and a boost gauge in preparation for the tuning, also HP tuner in mind. My truck is an 2008 with 56K miles. I'm also from washington.

Hey ROM thanks for your input, have you noticed that your truck drives fine/ smooth like stock? Or heard/felt detonation? Detonation sounds like you're shaking a coffee tin can with marbles in it. Also I have found the only tuner in our area that has any experience with our supercharged trucks is DriftOffice in Auburn. They've installed the Harrop Kit on a Tundra and tuned it on a dyno so if you need a decent tuner it sounds like they at least have some experience with our trucks.

Also congrats on being supercharged! I think there's not too many of us up here so it'd be cool to meetup sometime after I install my kit too!

The truck feel as same smoothness as before to my surprise, i have not dare to stump to 100% (like 0-60), but in the freeway I have and wow! I need to pull back quickly due to sweeping curve on I90, the weight of the truck and the high center of gravity is something to get use too. I'm more use to my GT4 at those speed and don't even pay attention. The power delivery is very linear , no shocking feel but for my son two night ago on the passenger side felt a good amount. Same tuner from Auburn was recommender by Harrop, i was hoping to find nearby. I just ordered the HP Tuner and hope to install the wideband O2 soon. Inside the cabin i can't hear nor my son with better hearing did not notice. He actually commented how quite and a very slight hint of supercharge gear noise. It feel very stock except when you do a rapid accelerator is very noticeable speed climb specially past 2K RPM. Do you plan the to install your self?

Also one other thing i did on my install, i did the opposite recommendation by Harrop. On the install document they want you to install the fuel pump last. I actually did it 1st and drove the truck for a few days to have confidence on the fuelling changes. My idea is reduce the variables at same time. The Supercharge cooling fluid took a few days to settle and flush the air.

Yes I planned on installing this kit in my garage too because just like you know most shops want to charge too much and Harrop developed this kit to be DIY friendly so I know I can install this kit over a weekend. Also I planned on the same method as you and install the fuel pump first then proceed with the front end work.

Auburn seems to be the best choice since they're the only shop that has worked and tuned on a truck like ours, I've called most big name speed shops around and nobody else seems have any experience with 200 series.

Sounds like everything is working as intended on your truck and g2g! I'm glad to hear your install sounds solid ad you guys did a goodjob! Which wideband 02 have you decided to go with?

I went with Innovate DLG-1 Dual Lambda and for boost 3851 MTX also from Innovate. Hopefully next few days i'll be able to weld the bung. Still figuring out where to mount the two meter, I just installed a Relay/fuse box on the engine bay, still need to figure wiring scheme.

some few pics

IMG_2866.jpg
IMG_2886.jpg
IMG_2882.jpg
IMG_2881.jpg
IMG_2883.jpg

Oh man this is what my weekend is going to look like haha! Again congratulations on your successful install and I may start blowing up your inbox with questions when I start my install.

Few things that help me alot that i did upfront.

I familiarize myself with Kit and did mental picture how it relate to the engine.
I read the Instruction multiple times, going back and forth on the kit and engine bay, trying to make sense
I label all the hoses that belongs to each circuits, same sizes together.
I got some coolant hoses straps for 3/4" and variety 0.5" to 5/16", to reuse the original hose strap usually small, Kit hoses are lager diameter
The Electrical cables are easy and self explanatory
I assemble the Intercooler (Not intercooler bracket yet) and the cooler pump and cooler pump bracket
I locate the IGN 1 fuse from the fuse box, the instruction picture different for 2008

Installing the fuel pump
I have 1/4 tank gas, even with that much it a challenge to stabilized gas slushing, i wish i have even less gas
I utilized two ratcheting straps to bring down the actual gas tank, good thing i have a 3" lift by the time the tank is down i bare have clearance to slide it aside.
The fuel pump kit comes with two black O ring, i only used one, not sure where the second ( spare?)
I used the original wiring connector, it was exact fit (did not use the kit) plug and play

Comment on the Harrop Kit
My main concern is the gauge size of the wire they supplied on the intercooler pump, it could use twice the wire gauge size they supplied from the kit. I plan to change it later, i'm sure that coolant pump will run more efficient.
Also on the instruction did not address the additional valve that control the PCV mounted on top of the original manifold. I decided to connect the valve even not being use, so that load current will still present on the circuit to avoid check engine.

If you need have question its OK, ping me that what this community its all about.

IDK looks pretty tempting...

Its truly a weekend project, just size up the weight of the charger and the gas tank. The engine bay work is straight work, you spend more time figuring the hoses routing and how it please your eyes. The store i got it have coupon for $500 discount. The car response is very adaptive, like I said, the down low speed remain the same, i won't hesitate for my wife to drive this truck. On tuning department, i'm pretty sure it could use one for optimized operation, and if do i won't be surprize you can pull another 20 to 40 HP accross the band with upgraded injectors and pulley. Then maybe you 'r getting to the territory redefining Land Cruiser as SUV or Hot Rod? I don't mean to hijack the thread, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom