Spark plug insight? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Gang,
I finally did my first spark plug replacement yesterday. Some of the reading that I've done suggests that the condition of your spark plugs can be good insight into the condition or tuning of your engine. Me being pretty un-knowledgeable in most area's of vehicle performance have no idea if these spark plugs look like they have signs of normal wear and tear?
My question; Do these spark plugs look like I may have any engine/tuning issues or do they look like normal, old spark plugs? I just bought my 60 in March so I have no idea when the spark plugs were last replaced...who knows, they could be 5 years old I guess.
Thanks for any and all feedback and have a great weekend!!

Thanks,
Ebin
steamboat-albums-questions-picture19513-first-spark-plug-replacement.jpg

Well, that ain't the best pic in the world, but electrodes all look tan and clean to me... i.e. normal. Replace with Nippon Denso or NGK. Are those champion ? Can't tell...

Ah, good eye!

Hi guys, i have the pictures in the chiltons too.....the black and white photos are kind of tough to use for me though. I read that the tan color was normal but got confused because of the black parts on the threads....is that normal? Sorry if i am asking dumb questions.

Not sure what brand these are but i replaced them with ngk from napa.

The plugs plus the removal of my cat. Have made a noticeable difference!! :)

Maybe a touch sooty, which would suggest that it's running a bit rich, but certainly not carbon fouled, or anything like that. Not knowing ow old those plugs are or what's previously been done to the truck, I wouldn't be too concerned. After you've driven it around for a while with the new plugs, you should pull them to double-check, but I'm willing to bet that they look nicely tanned when you do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom