Space under driver seat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys, would someone do me a huge favor and measure/estimate the footprint under the front driver seat. I'm securing my aftermarket stereo amp and need to get the size I have to work with. I don't necessarily need height, just width and depth. Thanks in advance.

Super helpful response jemsec

IIRC under my 98 driver seat, there's a huge fan for the rear heater. I did not have any room for the amp I was going to install under there.

IIRC under my 98 driver seat, there's a huge fan for the rear heater. I did not have any room for the amp I was going to install under there.
What about passenger?

Passenger seat has lots of room. I put my aftermarket stereo amp there, plus bundles of wires for it.

Passenger seat has lots of room. I put my aftermarket stereo amp there, plus bundles of wires for it.
Do you know the appx dims, trying to figure out what amp footprint is acceptable , 12"x18"?

You'll have to be specific for year. What's under the seats varies. Those with nav have the nav DVD player under the passenger seat. Some have other equipment under the drivers seat (such as fan mentioned above). What year?

why not measure yours?

I have a MY2000. Hopefully these pics can give you some idea of the space under the passenger front seat. The MB Quart amp is 11" wide and 10" tall. The second pic is my current setup in the same spot. Each of the smaller amps is 9"x5".

Amp.jpg

IMG_3867.JPG

I don't have measurements but my JBL GTO-500EZ did not fit under the passenger seat as I had hoped it would.

It was too long and too wide.

I can tell you the Kenwood x700w 5-channel amp fits under there nicely (snuggly but with no issues as all). Works really well for all door speakers and a sub all in one package. According to amazon it is 12.75 inches, 2.25 inches, 7.5 inches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom