Southern Arizona Travel Suggestion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pitch

Driving from the 2nd row
SILVER Star
Threads
So the family (no small children) often goes to Moab for Thanksgiving break (we are all off work/school). However, this year we are considering some camping/wheeling/hiking destinations in warmer climates… southern AZ perhaps.

Anyone have some suggestions of a general area to head to for 3-4 days of these activities? We have considered El Camino Del Diablo, El Golfo, and looked at some of the NPS-run areas (Tumacacori, Ft Bowie, etc), but want to hear from others. Likely headed there with 2-3 Toyota 4WD's, not looking for hard core wheeling, but remote is just fine. A base camp in a safe area, or limited travel times between camping areas is what we are after. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Besides the more obvious places/trails, I would check out the Gila Box area (BLM) and the network of roads and trails off to the west of hwy 83

We will be traveling little further south for the holiday also you are welcome to join

IMG_1757.JPG

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. Phil, we may take you up on the offer. ItWasntMe, I was not familiar with the Gila Box area, looks like a place to put on the radar for sure!

Phil is that Puerto Penasco?

last 8 years we have been going there for Thanksgiving. Our friends from PHX joins us. We are skiping this year (due to wifes work schedule). I have seen some LX570 there, but never any cruiser guys. We stay at Bella Serena or Sonoran Sea

1447361877576.jpg
Phil is that Puerto Penasco?

last 8 years we have been going there for Thanksgiving. Our friends from PHX joins us. We are skiping this year (due to wifes work schedule). I have seen some LX570 there, but never any cruiser guys. We stay at Bella Serena or Sonoran Sea

Yes
Cruiser in Puerto Penasco

Last edited:
My favorite places in southern AZ right now are Sedona, and cochise stronghold areas.

....He's on a first name basis with the local popo it seems :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom