Source to get used 100 series parts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
wiscoproud.kinja.com
I am trying to source a used speaker for my 2004, and have literally contacted a dozen used part websites / salvage yards, none of which had any 100 series. Do any of you know of a yard or a reputable used part website I could check? Bonus points if they have 2003-07 cruisers.

Ryan

I get bonus for my 2003 LC. :bounce:

IMO the stock speakers are not great and i am sure you are wasting lots of time looking for one. Go online to a car stereo site like Crutchfield and search for your year, make, model. lots of options and no wasted time hunting for used junk. If you are dead set on stock speaker contact Dan or other factory parts distributor on here.

FYI the front speakers are 6.75 inches. However 6.50 speakers fit as well.

I bought Polk Audio components to replace my blown front door speakers

Unless it's a factory sub, I'd try Crutchfield and get a set of whatever you desire. You might have to buy adapters to plug into the existing harnesses, if you don't want to cut & solder.

I have exhaustively looked online and have found a few options that look good. However, the JBL woofers are actually surprisingly robust. The problem with many of the aftermarket speakers is two fold: 1. they are largely 4ohm, which halves the available wattage to the speaker, and 2. the resonance frequency are typically quite high, making them largely useless below 100hz. This is fine if you have a 10-12" subwoofer to take up the slack, but with the stock 6" sub I would like speakers that go a bit lower to match the factory.

The biggest reason I am looking for salvage speakers though is that I would want to replace all the speakers at once, but that won't be done until I can get tires, lift, Vaistech, and maybe rock rails. I just want something affordable to hold me off until that point.

There are also other odds and ends I would like to replace, so having a resource for used parts would be very useful.

Can't help with used parts, but have you thought about refoaming the cone to the surround? Assuming thats the problem with the speaker...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom