Source for windshield drip molding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I decided to pull the trigger on a windshield replacement, after driving with a severely cracked one for the last 2 years. The glass technicians didn't know anything about the drip molding on the sides of the windshield, and ended up bending it during removal. Then, to make matters worst, they cracked the new windshield while setting it. I tried the local toyota dealer in Round Rock, TX, but they want $240 each and they're on backorder anyway. I'm looking at ordering from McGeorge toyota parts ($150 ea), but it will take some time to ship them in. Does anybody know a reliable and less-expensive source for these stupid drip moldings? Or I'd be open to suggestions for alternative solutions if somebody has something that looks clean.

Partsouq may have them, if you know the part number already. If not, enter your VIN and just browse the diagrams.

They're usually both cheaper and faster than McG, at least for me.

I decided to pull the trigger on a windshield replacement, after driving with a severely cracked one for the last 2 years. The glass technicians didn't know anything about the drip molding on the sides of the windshield, and ended up bending it during removal. Then, to make matters worst, they cracked the new windshield while setting it. I tried the local toyota dealer in Round Rock, TX, but they want $240 each and they're on backorder anyway. I'm looking at ordering from McGeorge toyota parts ($150 ea), but it will take some time to ship them in. Does anybody know a reliable and less-expensive source for these stupid drip moldings? Or I'd be open to suggestions for alternative solutions if somebody has something that looks clean.
If you've got glass coverage on your insurance, those moldings should be covered. Mine were. Also don't forget to tell the shop to only use rivets (no screws under any circumstance) and get the new molding strip covers that slip into the molding itself.

I just had my body fill them and deleted the dang things. Use a Tacoma molding for above the windshield. Looks factory. IMO

I just had my body fill them and deleted the dang things. Use a Tacoma molding for above the windshield. Looks factory. IMO
Any pictures? That sounds like a creative way of addressing that!

FB03B4A6-62B6-4296-B579-4A1385498E49.jpeg

I should probably share a photo with the glass in. Insert hand smacking face emoji.
noobie to mud. I’ll improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom