somthing better than bondo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i want to patch a hole in my back corner panel but i dont want to use bondo, is there anything stronger better than bondo.(fiber glass?) i would weld a peice of metal in there but i only have a stick welder, and im not so hot with the sheat metal...
thanks
al-

I would cut a patch and have it fitting so you can butt weld it, like flush with the area you cut out, then take it to a person with a wire welder, gring it and bondo it. There is nothing wrong with bondo if applied correctly and kept to a max of 1/8" thickness. Put seam sealer on the back side of your patch.
GL
Ed Long

I did some patches on my 60 with carbon fiber and epoxy. Did it three years ago and it is still holding up ok but some bubbles are appearing around the edges of the patch. POR 15 used, but it dosn't work at stoping rust. Best solution, replace with new metal. Good luck with your project.

If you can't find a bud with a little mig unit....most welding supply houses (Keen and Roberts) in my area, will rent you a mig. Doing it the way Ed says is really the best most permanent fix. One thing to add to Ed's recommendation...probably a given...but after you seam seal the backside, hit it with some decent undercoating as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom