Sometimes gotta just go (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dumpolina

SILVER Star
Threads
When in doubt, just go.
Reluctant about this little neglectorino with some odd indications the motor has been very hot. Only one way to find out if it’s trustworthy, just go.
Headed up to Jeff and Larry’s party beach and ran Jeff’s scenic route from October 2022.
The 3.0 survived… did fine mostly in low range the whole trail. Detroit rear and 4.88’s make a good compromise in not going with a crawl box… so far.
Nice day in the dirt and didn’t have to call for a rescue 👍👍👍
IMG_7380.jpeg
IMG_7384.jpeg
IMG_7389.jpeg
IMG_7396.jpeg

Im surprised that 3.0 can turn those big tires !
the diff gears are helping a lot! when I had a friends 3.0 truck at my house to diag we timed it a little hot and it was better but I didn't feel like it was a safe move for reliability
@5speed addict Totally on both points. 4.88 are prolly a little steeper than it needs but I’d rather it over geared than under. Tweaking the 3vz too much leads to self destruction, I think. Gonna try to drive it like grandma to squeeze as much life out if it as I can.

@William839 They’re just 33x10.50, not too huge and heavy. Agreed a 3.4 is such a good solution to save an otherwise good 3.0 rig from the scrap yard! whether this one will get a swap when the 3.0 does die is yet to be seen. It’s a fun little rig but has some gremlins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom