Some Typa News for Lexus Owners (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

AnyMal

no quema cuh
Threads
So, since i have a problem and cant stop messing with things, Ive been toying with AHC augmentation ideas for the last couple years.
Recently I stumbled across something worth pursuing and what was in my mind the most promising path of all, larger spheres.
Unfortunately for us all, it has failed to materialize into anything of use at the moment.

There is this company you see, Febi Bilstein (i know), that actually makes a variety of suspension spheres, and I *believe* is one of the hydropneumatic originators and at least a current OEM manuf. They make several spheres as shown here.
Now i have no idea if this is the same Bilstein family or not, Marken - https://www.bilsteingroup.com/en/brands/ but still. I dont care.

Pretty interesting that there is a player outside Citroën though making these, since I dont think we know who makes our spheres outside of Toyota and its subs.?

Well, i got a bit excited and reached out a while back, cough, during my little ban, oops... Don't ban me bro. Im cool now.

But ill let you do the reading for yourself;
Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 2.29.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 2.29.32 PM.png

ok ...

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 2.30.02 PM.png

Now don't crucify me if this has been attempted before, I'm nobody, i know nothing, and I'm lazy too.
But somebody with time/cash to spare should buy some of these and try them out despite what the Jeffrey guy is saying, since its clear he doesn't have the cojones.
And plus, who turns down business like that with a one liner? Ive been handling business since i was young, and i would never shut down something that quick.
He is in CA at least, somebody may be able to find out more and know of or meet some of these people somehow. You know, one of you forum losers.

Since I am busy playing MWII and have mods sitting uninstalled i aint doing it, not yet at least. (hit me up if you want to get wrecked, because im better than you)
Im still perfecting my ride, and this is outside of the current paradigm of AHC.
If my LX wasn't our current only ride, (we are European and my wife does not drive), (thats also why i have better taste than you) I would do it for pseudo-science.

So, who wants to be the first LX on Bilstein AHC and have bragging rights galore? ;)

Please take everything lightly, im joking mostly. (other than MW2 where I will whoop you).

Last edited:
I do mods or buy aftermarket when it makes sense and there is a need.
In this case what is the need? Last time I looked Toyota globes were not obscenely expensive. Assuming fitment how much one will save? If the savings are not great is there a technical advantage?

Reactions: BVE
As an old BMW enthusiast/addict, Febi Bilstein is very well regarded as an OE/replacement part manufacturer. They make about 5465216545461521654 different parts for stock applications and probably have zero interest in the R&D and liability of making a non-stock replacement/upgrade for a platform they have no familiarity with technically and financially.

You might have better luck reaching out to Blue Print, another FB brand.

What we want are not necessarily larger volume accumulators. But higher pressure.

There's still potential to be had in the factory spheres. The front and rear spheres only differ in set pressure. It's possible to use the high pressure spheres all around and I don't believe anyone has tried that yet. Arguably, more is not always better. I'm at higher documented payloads when fully laden than most and I find that a well setup and functioning AHC system to be just dandy at these higher payloads.

I do mods or buy aftermarket when it makes sense and there is a need.
In this case what is the need? Last time I looked Toyota globes were not obscenely expensive. Assuming fitment how much one will save? If the savings are not great is there a technical advantage?

No necessarily an advantage but more for compesating modifications.

As an old BMW enthusiast/addict, Febi Bilstein is very well regarded as an OE/replacement part manufacturer. They make about 5465216545461521654 different parts for stock applications and probably have zero interest in the R&D and liability of making a non-stock replacement/upgrade for a platform they have no familiarity with technically and financially.

You might have better luck reaching out to Blue Print, another FB brand.

Thats nice to know thanks.
But yeah, was not trying to get them to build a sphere for us lol. I was seeing if they had any familiarity with our platform, and weather anything could be threaded on or any specifications could be provided at all. Even maybe point out their heaviest duty sphere.

What we want are not necessarily larger volume accumulators. But higher pressure.

There's still potential to be had in the factory spheres. The front and rear spheres only differ in set pressure. It's possible to use the high pressure spheres all around and I don't believe anyone has tried that yet. Arguably, more is not always better. I'm at higher documented payloads when fully laden than most and I find that a well setup and functioning AHC system to be just dandy at these higher payloads.

That was the whole point!
Firmer charges for you, larger compression volume for me to soften it up.

The dual rears thing has got to be tried, i even entertained the thought of a t firting double sphere lol.

Im just saying some experimentation is needed! And if there is a solid oem like manuf, their offerings should be explored.

Just another thought this morning.

Since the truck won’t throw any codes for blown globes, you could probably thread anything on and test to your hearts content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom