Solved! the dreaded fuel surge loss of power 1KZTE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so after being thrashed and beaten my wagon has finally giving up the ghost
major powerloss under hard accleration after around 2,500 RPM
engine light glows for the duration of powerloss then will disappear when revs drop down then will pick up again go good but once I hit around 2,500RPM fuel loss again and gutless almost to a stop and engine illuminates again
Borrowed neighbors "farm hack" 90 series prado 1KZTE to swap out all sensors to diagnose (505,000kms on this and runs mint!)
so far tried
spill valve - no change
map sensor -no change
fuel blockage- checked

things left to change - fuel timing valve thing and check corrective resistors on the side of the pump

if all else fails I will do the mitsi 4m40 pump install, couple at pick a part at the moment only $100 bucks

to drive the auto im thinking of pulling the old pump apart and driving this off a pulley to keep shift points the same(engine speed sensor )

will update this once I have gone through all the diagnostics

Are you sure that your DIY fuel cut defender is still working ok? I think you used a zener diode? Try turning the boost down to less than 14psi and see if your problems go away.

Also, if the check engine light comes on it means there will be stored codes. There is a 1KZTE manual on the interwebs that explains how to get the codes out. Usually just a matter of jumping a couple pins in the underhood diagnostic connector and then reading out the flashes at the check engine light.

So after checking all the relative sensors and everyting checks out i looked at the fuel feed again and you guessed it it was another fuel blockage
Bloody unlucky
Found this by bypassing fuel system and using a boat fuel tank strapped to the roof
Of all things even after blowing the air gun down the fuel line i still got a block
It was some kind of silicon crap from who knows what
In the mean time i fiddled the spill vavle more and got 22psi out of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom