Solid shaft & BEARING style tire carrier spindles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
1-1/2” Solid Tire Carrier Spindle- Heavy Duty MUD price.. $50.00 shipped to the lower 48. Will be shipped from Wyoming.

I have 10 of these ready to go now with 65 more in queue.

2” x 4” DOM tube hub (1)

10” x 1-1/2” solid spindle shaft (1)

SAE 841 flanged bronze bushings (2)

Set screw shaft collars (2)

Lubricate with a few drops of oil as needed (no grease). Spindle is rebuildable and parts can be purchased individually.

J
P1030924.JPG
P1030925.JPG
P1030926.JPG
Spindle installed.png

Thanks for looking

J

Last edited:
Good price for a stout piece. GL with enterprise.

Good price for a stout piece. GL with enterprise.

Thanks Flank, It is the first of many things to come. Working on my artwork for Woody and supporting vendor status. After a few years of procrastinating, the new company was finally formed. Hope to have a few of each of my items fabricated and for sale in the near future.

40/55/60/80 bumpers, sliders and racks. Also a shell/DIY M416 trailer on the horizon as well.

Thanks again

J

Bought an IPOR rear a few months back with spindles welded in, will the rest of the kit work with my spindles and do you sell the latches too?

Thanks!

Yes, the IPOR spindle is 1.5" OD like mine, parts are interchangeable. Are you looking for the double locking toggle clamp or a single.. I have a few 2000# single toggles, but no doubles. If you are looking for a double I buy the Destaco from McMaster Carr.

J

Sweet!
I'll be in for a pair of these soon, hadn't thought that far ahead yet about the clamp!

Got the spindles yesterday, nice and BEEFY. Fit looks great. I'll let you know on function when I get around to building a bumper. ;)

Thanks again

Waiting till payday and then I'll be in, whats the best/cost effective way to keep a swing out locked when it's open? I've been going back an forth on whether I should strut or just find a spring toggle and drop a hole on the top of the bumper.

Also latch wise, anyone do a single 2000# and overlap their double swingouts?

Waiting till payday and then I'll be in, whats the best/cost effective way to keep a swing out locked when it's open? I've been going back an forth on whether I should strut or just find a spring toggle and drop a hole on the top of the bumper.

Also latch wise, anyone do a single 2000# and overlap their double swingouts?

Cheapest "stop" would be to weld a plate to the hub and then another plate to the bumper shell. Cheapest lock out IMO is a spring loaded pin, about 15$ from McMaster Carr. You can weld it to the hub and drill a hole in the shell that the pin will engage/lock in.

Yes, you can install a toggle to keep the dual SO's closed, but I highly recommend a double lock toggle for this application.

Let me know when you're ready for the spindle parts.

J

Shoot me a PM for the 2 spindle packages - the spindles for my IPOR, I think I have enough to swing it this week.

I get paid Friday so hopefully you have them packed and ready to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom