SAS Solid Axle Summit 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup about 2,000 miles roundtrip on pavement plus all the trails, including Black Bear, all in the BJ40 with B engine. No complaints at all. Didn't even have power steering.

I'm paid in.

Nice Cimarron, glad your bringing the 12 valve! It will be sweet to have another Cummins on the trail.

Two spots left as of this posting. Less than a month, this is awesome Folks.
We must be doing something right to have this kind of turn out.
Mucho's Garcias Fellers!

PS. If you are signed up and haven't paid please do. If PayPal isn't your thang please PM me and I will direct you on how to pay with a check.
Thanks, Casey..

Will have to get with the board on this but my opinion is miles driven in event vehicle. "Iron Ass" is just as it sounds. Dedication to driving your vintage tractor that far Ouray.
Just my humble opinion though.
What say the masses?
I agree, the tow thing was kind of a joke, unless you wheeled them both of course!

Anybody interested in big tire run in montrose?

@ajax1 I'm down for a run in Montrose. Calamity Canyon, Topless, and Cactus Ridge all look fun. Not sure if anyone is trying to hit anything that hard though. Sounds like @The Eradicator and @CenTXFJ60 might be down.

Last edited:
@POTATO LAUNCHER email sent on behalf of

@xtiaan2000

1975? FJ55
Christiaan Luneburg
Size L
Conejo Valley, CA

Looks like we have an "Iron Pig" in the group this year. That leaves one spot left. All we need to round it out would be any of these three classic Yota's, 45 series (Troopy, LV or Pickup), FJ25 or an early Hilux. What an awesome lineup you guys are bringing.
Thanks, Casey..

Alrighty fellow SAS attendees, we have hit our goal of 50. That didn't take long, thanks for making it happen.
Currently we are not sure what to do with overflow. We do not want to discourage extras from showing up as it is on public land. As of now we can only be responsible for 50 vehicles. We are currently exploring our options on "red tape" and our limitations on "official" attendance.
Thank you all very much.
Cssey..

Talked with my youngest son last night, may have to sweeten the pot by letting him drive my soon-to-be-completed '86 FJ60 project up to Ouray for the festivities. Otherwise, was hoping to up the FJ40 count from last year's SAS by having him drive one of my FJ40s. Either way, I should have the '71 FJ40 ready for this year. Last year we had a great time in the '76 FJ40, so wanted to give the '71 a chance. I haven't driven it for 18 years, but it'll be ready.

Forgot to add, if I decide to take in a few days around Moab before the SAS I might bring my '84 FJ60, if I don't end up selling it before then. It has air conditioning :).

Last edited:
There is a list of attendees posted on the first page of this thread.
Thanks, Casey..

The Spade indicates returning attendees.

Last edited:
McGuire’s list on page one shows 5 FJ62s and he doesn’t even have my son Matt’s listed. That would make 6; The count list only shows 4 ?

10-4 Jeff. He is accounted for but I have him down under FJ60. Will correct that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom