SAS Solid Axle Summit 2018 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think we have may have enough diesels for a potential diesel run. I know two 80s are Cummins diesels, which I like to refer to as BTJ80, two 60s and two 70s.

Current list is updated on Post #475 as of 8/02/18

Only 5 more months guys. Start your Preventative Maintenance and upgrades soon.
If you don't already have a CB radio I would recommend finding one and tuning the antenna for optimum performance.

This should be the revised and updated list as of 07/10/2018.
As always, If you have any questions feel free to contact McGuire or myself, Thanks Casey..

SAS #2

Attendees

♠ = returning 1st year attendee

Directors
@mcguirejohnson McGuire ♠ TX HJ141

@POTATO LAUNCHER Casey ♠ TX FJ40

@CenTXFJ60 Jimmy ♠ TX HJ60

@fl4031003 Jeff ♠ TX LX450 Trail Leader

Attendees = 42
@John McVicker John ♠ CA FJ60

@flyboydan Dan ♠ KS FJ60

@rhah Jake ♠ KS FJ60 Trail Leader

@cornboy Bill ♠ OK FJ62

@EasternYeti James ♠ MA FJ60

@Jason hansen Jason ♠ UT FJ80 Trail Leader

@4Cruisers John ♠ NM FJ40 Trail Leader

@CaptClose Ryan ♠ TX FJ60

@Beastiethe70 Maggie ♠ CO BJ70

@Dirtydawg Doug ♠ TX FJ80

@NMC_EXP JIM ♠ NM FJ60

@abtx4x4 Steve TX FJ40

@The Machinist Darrel ♠ CA FJ60

@Yackster Zach ♠ TX FJ62

@BombCity Tim ♠ TX FJ60

@ajax1 Ryan ♠ CO FJ80 Tail Leader

@NookShneer David WA FJ60

@iCruiser Will ♠ KS FJ60

@mesa man Gabriel NM FJ40

@Rockymtnreaper Tucker UT FJ60

@The Eradicator Bydge ♠ MO BJ73

@The Eradicator Charlie ♠ MO 4Runner

@CheyenneTrucker Dennis CO FJ40

@offrd63 Alec CO FJ40

@ceylonfj40nut CD TX FJ80

@DickM Dick CO FJ60

@gt7058a Chris WA FJ62

@Reznugget Dylan AZ FJ40

@dogfishlake Patrick MI FJ40 Sponsor

@ICD FJ40 William CO FJ40

@The Jade Bean Daniel TX BJ70 Sponsor

@MoJ Jason MO FJ80

@Kleatus Klaus WA FJ62

@97 FZJ80 40th James ♠ TX FJ 40

@RFB Rich MA FJ 80

@lovetoski Doug WA FJ62

@Jason Andrews Jason CO FJ80

@mattressking Nathan ♠ CA FJ60

@REKCUT Thad MO FJ80

@ddelong6767 Doug CO FJ60

Greg Mertz Greg MO FJ80

Justin Breedlove Justin CO FJ80

@Hondu Bill CO FZJ75

@Rockymtnreaper Tucker CO FJ60

@roma042987 Roman AL FJ60

@76 FJ40 Micheal AL HJ45

Last edited:
I think we have may have enough diesels for a potential diesel run. I know two 80s are Cummins diesels, which I like to refer to as BTJ80, two 60s and two 70s.

With that many "Oil Burners" on the trail, how do you decide who is going to be TailGunner?

With that many "Oil Burners" on the trail, how do you decide who is going to be TailGunner?
The one that blows the most smoke. :smokin: No worries of anyone tailgating at altitude.

Welp, shucks. I guess I’ll just have to happen upon this gathering and somehow find myself amongst friends this summer. Public land is convenient like that. ;)

Didn’t expect things to fill up so quickly. Hope to see y’all this summer. Happy to pay the dues but don’t want to get anyone in trouble. If it ruffles feathers, I won’t show. Just heard good things about this tribe gathering from a friend and wanted to tag-a-long to meet new peeps in the community.

Looks like you need to up the permit size next year.

Bill - FZJ75, locked and ready

You are more than welcome Bill. We also have a waiting list started. It did fill up faster than expected.

You guys did a great job last year. This is a very nice, low-key, non-corporate, non-selling crap gathering of Land Cruiser friends. I hope you guys keep the tradition going year after year.

What if there were just 50 vehicle flags available for purchase. No cruisers on the trails without a flag, but you could take the flag from truck to truck. That way, others could sign up to attend, get a shirt, badge, etc... but only the first 50 get a flag. Then we could just share the flag when we want to ride along in someone else’s rig and give them a chance to summit in their Cruisers, all while still keeping the trail limit to 50. Are you following me?

Being that these are public roads I don't think you can limit anybody from driving them, the forest service though can come in and require a permit, there is a rule here now that is starting to be enforced about having a ohv permit here in colo

Absolutely correct. However as an organized event 50 is the limit we decided on this year. With a published list of attendees we are only providing a date, some cool swag and a place to camp as a group. All are always welcome.
This was never ment to be a huge thing. Those already exist and I will attend at least one this year. SAS is geared more as a chance to hang out with Mud peeps. Put a face to a name, and do what Cruiser people do.

I’m also waiting to hear back from the proper contacts in regards to group permits for an event like this for the area. I’ll share more information once I get it, and if said information will alter trail runs etc. emailed first to Casey in regards of SAS needs.

Went to the shop for a couple of hours today and knocked out a quick prototype grill badge for testing out where the mounting bolts will need to be. Hoping to have the final version on the machine by then end of next month.
IMG_20180225_175139.jpg

Went to the shop for a couple of hours today and knocked out a quick prototype grill badge for testing out where the mounting bolts will need to be. Hoping to have the final version on the machine by then end of next month. View attachment 1641804

Big DEEEEEEEEE that looks sharp

Went to the shop for a couple of hours today and knocked out a quick prototype grill badge for testing out where the mounting bolts will need to be. Hoping to have the final version on the machine by then end of next month. View attachment 1641804

This is one of those times, which are few and far between, that I wish MUD had an option to not just like something but love something!

By far best swag ever your the man!!!

Now To talk you into making some for last year for us few repeaters too cough cough

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom