SAS Solid Axle Summit 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As of now we dont have a waiting list. A refund would not be a problem as long as it isnt last minute. Will place shirt order in June so you have some time. Thanks for your service sir.

Thank you for the response and support, I'll look at our schedule and hopefully get signed up tonight!

@Jason hansen Are you willing to do a Moab tour again this year prior to Ouray?

Yes so far we have 4 cruisers coming to Moab before SAS. Anyone who wants to come over and go wheeling is welcome.

Yes so far we have 4 cruisers coming to Moab before SAS. Anyone who wants to come over and go wheeling is welcome.
I'd like to come on over ahead of time, but our 40th wedding anniversary is just a couple of days before the SAS. I don't know how that would play out with my wife, but then again ... We've spent a lot of time in the past in southern Utah in our '84 FJ60 and enjoyed every trip.

Last edited:

I might be into that. Depending on the time frame and group I roll out with. Could you DM me the dates your looking at?

List has been updated again on post #26. We have just 7 spots left for SAS #2.

Should we do a swap meet kinda raffle or something I know I got parts laying around for 80s

Updated list at 4:40 today, have updated again.
We have just 5 places left to fill. @EasternYeti has some competition this year as our second Boston MA attendee has signed up. May need to verify mileage by address this year for the "Iron Ass Award"..
Casey..

Alright, I'm officially in! I haven't been to this area of Colorado before, and last time I was "wheeling" in Colorado was 1992, when I cheered dad on as he bashed the aluminum running boards off our stock Suburban taking us kids up on some old mining roads... Pumped!

Klaus
Seattle area of Washington (or...?)
KOA
Driving a "well traveled" 1989 FJ62 (...or the ongoing since 2012 1976 FJ40 project if I can get it together, and the spousal unit approves of a trial camping run in it..)

Let's do this!

Alright, I'm officially in! I haven't been to this area of Colorado before, and last time I was "wheeling" in Colorado was 1992, when I cheered dad on as he bashed the aluminum running boards off our stock Suburban taking us kids up on some old mining roads... Pumped!

Klaus
Seattle area of Washington (or...?)
KOA
Driving a "well traveled" 1989 FJ62 (...or the ongoing since 2012 1976 FJ40 project if I can get it together, and the spousal unit approves of a trial camping run in it..)

Let's do this!
If I bring the same vehicle as last year (instead of my '71 FJ40) there'll be at least 2 '76 FJ40s. Hope you can get it ready.

Updated list at 4:40 today, have updated again.
We have just 5 places left to fill. @EasternYeti has some competition this year as our second Boston MA attendee has signed up. May need to verify mileage by address this year for the "Iron Ass Award"..
Casey..
So what's the criteria for the "Iron Ass Award"? Do trailer queens count? asking for a friend

Will have to get with the board on this but my opinion is miles driven in event vehicle. "Iron Ass" is just as it sounds. Dedication to driving your vintage tractor that far Ouray.
Just my humble opinion though.
What say the masses?

I'd vote yes to your suggestion, although the furthest I've driven in my almost stock FJ40 was an 800-mile round trip to Chinle for the FJ40 Cross Country Expedition baton hand-offs with @Reznugget and @mesa man. What's the greatest distance an *J40 was driven to the first SAS? I believe it was @Mr Cimarron, but don't know how many miles he drove.

Yessir, I know I did right at 1,250 on my round trip in the 40 but I started in Amarillo. @Mr Cimarron drove his BJ40 many miles at a 60mph pace. Kudos to the dedication.
He did it once and proved it could be done. However, this year he is driving his 80 up.

Paypal payment sent.

Doug Graham
1987 FJ60
Size large
Seattle

Travelling with Dave and Klaus.

Yup about 2,000 miles roundtrip on pavement plus all the trails, including Black Bear, all in the BJ40 with B engine. No complaints at all. Didn't even have power steering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom