SAS Solid Axle Summit 2018 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mud members,

SAS #2 is a go and the dates are August 7-11th in Ouray. Same deal as last year, keeping it simple and old school.

We are cutting off at 50 vehicles for the event, but obviously anyone can come and hang since it’s public land.

This year we will be hosting it at the Ouray KOA and we are planning on spending Friday night in the national forest for some star gazing depending on the weather.

We have decided to put in a registration fee of $50 this year which will include a shirt for the driver, sticker and Darrel @The Machinist is working on making grill badges for us..

Here is a link for the KOA campsite: Ouray, Colorado Campground | Ouray KOA
When you book a spot online, make sure that you mention that you are apart of the SAS group in the comment section and they will put us all together.

If you are interested send an email too solidaxle2018@gmail.com with your name, what rig you are driving and year, shirt size, state you are driving from and whether or not you plan on staying at the KOA. Also if you want any additional t-shirts for passengers. Nothing wrong with posting up on this thread as well, the email will keep it more organized for us..

Ex:
McGuire Johnson
87 FJ60
Large shirt
Texas

For payments, please send as a gift via PayPal to: Pay Casey Archer using PayPal.Me

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to Casey, Jimmy Johnson or myself.

See y’all out there!

Is there a trail run on the 7th?

That day typically is for arrival and setting up camp.
However, trails are open to explore when you feel the need. Official trails will not begin until the 8th.

Last year we did a run into camp on arrival day. I'm sure something will pop up again. All depends on what groups are convoying in together.

Last year we did a run into camp on arrival day. I'm sure something will pop up again. All depends on what groups are convoying in together.
A group of us headed into Siverton from the east via the Stony Pass, elevation 12,592 feet. Definitely 4WD in some spots, and a beautiful drive. Here's my '76 FJ40 at the summit, photo thanks to @POTATO LAUNCHER:

SAS-5.jpg

Last edited:
Patrick Emerson
1978 FJ40 (Hopefully), OR 97 FZJ80 whichever isn't broken/under the knife!
XL T-shirt
Michigan
KOA

06F097E8-11B7-4128-AA92-B0100907256A.jpeg
This sounds fun! If I join would others be interested in doing a caravan from Texas?

Yessir, you are in Tyler area correct? @abtx4x4 is in DFW. It is on your route through my area heading to Ouray. We had a good convoy last year.

Yessir, you are in Tyler area correct? @abtx4x4 is in DFW. It is on your route through my area heading to Ouray. We had a good convoy last year.
Yes sir in Tyler, TX. It would be me and the wife and two kiddos doing the tent thing.

Okay I’m in! I’ll email and PP in the am!
Edit: I'll bring lots of coffee!!!

Yes sir in Tyler, TX. It would be me and the wife and two kiddos doing the tent thing.

I am in DFW as well. Let me know if you want to roll together. I will have my two boys with me also. Wife is still debating.

I am in DFW as well. Let me know if you want to roll together. I will have my two boys with me also. Wife is still debating.

Schweeet! Pm sent!

Emailed, paid and excited!!

Awesome Daniel, glad to include you guys in the group. You will make the 3rd 70 series and the only Troopy.
That leaves ten spots open as of this morning to reach our goal of 50. Thanks to everyone that has turned this into an unforgettable experience.
Casey..

I'm active duty so my schedule can change at the drop of a hat, with that in mind, whats the refund policy? Maybe have a waiting list to allow someone to jump into a spot for the "just in case scenario" myself or someone else has to drop out?

I'm active duty so my schedule can change at the drop of a hat, with that in mind, whats the refund policy?
Maybe have a waiting list to allow someone to jump into a spot for the "just in case scenario" myself or someone else has to drop out?

As of now we dont have a waiting list. A refund would not be a problem as long as it isnt last minute. Will place shirt order in June so you have some time. Thanks for your service sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom