SAS Solid Axle Summit 2018 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That would be way cool to have for sure. Not sure what time he has to do these but It would need to be an added cost to get them. I would like one for both of my Cruisers for sure.

By far best swag ever your the man!!!

Now To talk you into making some for last year for us few repeaters too cough cough

Bragger.

Seriously, I would want that too.

Hey @The Machinist , doesn't look like you need it, but if you do need powder coat work done on those (clear maybe?), I'm in for doing it for the cause.

Just give a shout if you do.

The current plan is 6061 Aluminum with engraving done after anodizing. It should be possible to get a separate batch of anodizing in a different color...

@dogfishlake Powder coating is also an option; if I go that route I'll let you know ASAP.

@EasternYeti Mentioned in a PM doing a year 1 batch in something like brass; It would be badass, but it would more than triple the material cost so I would have to have have a guarantee that they would be all sold before I could drop that much $$ on bar stock.

As of now, my main focus is getting the year 2 batch finished in a reasonable time frame and getting my 60 ready for the trip.

Darrell, I certainly understand if you do not have the time for a year 1 batch (just pulled my engine for some work)...but if you do, count me in as a guarantee for payment.

Thanks, John

Darrell, I certainly understand if you do not have the time for a year 1 batch (just pulled my engine for some work)...but if you do, count me in as a guarantee for payment.

Thanks, John

+1 Agreed, @The Machinist in the event you have the time, let us know. We can put together a pre-order list so the money would already be there

I'm in aviation I have a alodine pen I could bring leaves stuff clear

I will also buy the year one badge, you can leave them raw then use my pen which will etch the metal, then you wipe it down and clear coat it. I'll be there tues so could do them that night wouldn't take long

That free powder coating offer stands for the first year badges as well, even though I regrettably did not go.

I do get to powder coat some cool stuff between plain ol machinery parts from time to time.
20180307_124601.jpg

I’m not sure if this has been covered, but what’s the camping situation look like? I mean will there be a base camp we return to each night or a new spot after each trail run? I’m trying to figure out what I should bring. I’m really looking forward to this!!

This year we will be hosting it at the Ouray KOA and we are planning on spending Friday night in the national forest for some star gazing depending on the weather.

Here is a link for the KOA campsite: Ouray, Colorado Campground | Ouray KOA
When you book a spot online, make sure that you mention that you are part of the SAS group in the comment section and they will put us all together.

August 7-11th in Ouray

So to be sure... Should I get a spot starting the night of the 7th through the night of the 11th? Thanks!

This year we will be hosting it at the Ouray KOA and we are planning on spending Friday night in the national forest for some star gazing depending on the weather.

Here is a link for the KOA campsite: Ouray, Colorado Campground | Ouray KOA
When you book a spot online, make sure that you mention that you are part of the SAS group in the comment section and they will put us all together.

Also do we wanna do any giveaways? I'm brain storming on a cool (to me at least) door prize from me comprised of several goodies. Thoughts?

I have stayed at the Ouray KOA before. Nice place. Pretty much your standard site with a table and fire pit. Handy little store at the office and decent shower houses and such. Should be a great time with all of us together.

Last year we did the community beer thing but we didn't do a great job of keeping it cold. I did enjoy a few brews I hadn't had before.

Last year we did the community beer thing but we didn't do a great job of keeping it cold. I did enjoy a few brews I hadn't had before.
I'll gladly bring more local beers again this year. However, my favorite drink on the trip last year was the Snow Capped peach cider on tap at the Floradora Saloon in Telluride when we stopped for lunch between Black Bear Pass and Imogene Pass. Thanks to @beno's friend Alex for setting us up for a great meal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom