Sold house truck & got a 98 Limited 4Runner ELocked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Start planning for that axle swap cuz no matter how long it takes, your going to want it.
Actually I got no experience with 3rd gen runners. Only 2nd gen, just a wild guess though.
Good seeing the family the other day. Lets make a dinner happen soon.

Start planning for that axle swap cuz no matter how long it takes, your going to want it.
Actually I got no experience with 3rd gen runners. Only 2nd gen, just a wild guess though.
Good seeing the family the other day. Lets make a dinner happen soon.

10/4 Kyle. We can make that happen any weekend. For real though, not going to make that happen. Alot of money involved in the SAS 3rd gen. The axle is a driver drop. Then, I would want to 3 link the front. More money that I don't have.

Sent from my hawn finga using IH8MUD

Just finished the Tundra big brake job on my 4runner. Painting the calipers took the longest. Half an hr was for the total install. Now I'm just waiting for how much of a difference it's going to make. Paid $120 for calipers and rotors from a 06 Tundra with 30 original miles from a junkyard in Battle Ground. Bought new pads and some paint to make it look nice. Enjoy.

image-1040449355.jpg

image-1393476650.jpg

image-1716196186.jpg

image-107939794.jpg

image-1557113543.jpg

Looking good buddy. Shouldn't have any problems stopping now.

Damn you don't have your 80 as well? Wow yoz wiz cherry 2. Not coming up? Jus let me know.

I got my 80 back in August. Was looking for another and called my friend that had my 80 to see if he'd sell me the extra set of 80 rims I gave him and he offered it back. Worked out perfect. My wife actually wanted it back lol. She likes the baby changing table in the back :)

This was on hickam one day. Family picnic so my kids could watch the planes land/taxi.

ForumRunner_20140207_155359.jpg

ForumRunner_20140207_155359.jpg

I got my 80 back in August. Was looking for another and called my friend that had my 80 to see if he'd sell me the extra set of 80 rims I gave him and he offered it back. Worked out perfect. My wife actually wanted it back lol. She likes the baby changing table in the back :)

Rajah dat on da changing table. I used to change my boiz shishi/dodo da same place. My wife used fo get nutts cuz when i change him hiz olos would be hanging out. Me i no kea dat kine ova hea. Atleast u got da truck back. Da Haole i sold my cruiser 2, loves it and he would neva sell it back to me.

Lmao and I wondered how everyone at puget knew I was from hawaii ;)

I plan on lifting the truck with 00-06 TRD Tundra front coil/struts and stock front FJ80 coils. SO ANY OF YOU FJ/FZJ80 owners with stock front springs and want to give it away or sell LET ME KNOW PLEASE.

I am pretty sure that I still have the stock springs from my old 80 that I used to have. Let me know if you still need them and I can look for them this weekend.

Please that would be greatly appreciated. Mahalos and Aloha

Did this last night and got it from a 01 Taco. I know it GREY,but for $5 & it works is priceless. Besides now that everything worked, I'm on the hunt for a tan/oak color shifter console.

ForumRunner_20140212_081818.jpg

ForumRunner_20140212_081846.jpg

ForumRunner_20140212_081911.jpg

Paint it!

There's a lot of autobody supply shops that carry paint for interior trim pieces. The real deal, I'm not talking about Krylon Fusion or anything.

Take in a piece of the interior color you're trying to match (ash tray? fuse box cover?) and you can probably match it up. I've done it TONS of times with aftermarket gauge pods and the like and can usually get a 95-100% match.

edit: Wesco Autobody Supply in Tacoma stocks the paints.

Last edited:
Thanks Joe

Got some OME coils/struts. Separated them because their from a Tundra and I had to put the Tophat from a 4runner. Found out the shocks are dead. Now have to buy new front shocks

ForumRunner_20140214_204541.jpg

Just got me some rear stock height OME 60020 shocks for my 4runner. Got these $20 at my local

ForumRunner_20140217_214050.jpg

ForumRunner_20140217_214107.jpg

Last edited:
Found some matching paint for the mustard OME rear shocks

ForumRunnerImage.jpg

This side had the rock chips

ForumRunnerImage.jpg

Last edited:
This is the other side

ForumRunnerImage.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up some rear springs for the runner. It's front FZJ80 springs for my rear.
19.5" Purple Green White 8 wraps
19.25" Double Purple Dark Blue White 8 wraps
Thanks Vic! He's got a beautiful 100 series.

ForumRunner_20140221_123341.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom