SOLD [SOLD] Everything Needed to Swap Your Early 60 to H55F (Including Trans & T-Case). (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SOLD 12-1-2019

Yep, you read that right.

All the parts you need to swap your (pre '85?) FJ60 and maybe late 60 and FJ62 (?) to a 5-speed manual (including transmission mated to transfer case). A forum search or experts here could tell you what you need for the later 60's and 62's.

I've decided I not going to go the 5-speed route any time soon and between that and these parts taking up a large corner of my garage I think it's time to free up the space and funds for other projects.

For offer is a complete swap pulled from a 1983 FJ60.

This includes:

Transmission mated to Transfer case (FJ60 top plate)​
Shift lever (no knob)​
Transfer case linkage​
Bell housing​
Clutch fork​
Front and rear drive shafts​
Cross member / mount​
Speedometer cable​
(Please point out anything else I'm missing on this list, its all in a box somewhere.)​

This setup was installed in a 1983 60-Series Land Cruiser in 2008~2009 and has an estimated 15 ~ 25K miles. I acquired said Cruiser a couple of years ago, unfortunately the previous owner (a friend of mine) had over heated the engine, popped the head gasket and on top of that mother rust had caught up to the body and frame. At this point he decided he didn't want to fix it.

I bought it for parts, I parted a lot of it out here (some may remember the thread) but I kept the H55 stuff to use in my personal Cruiser. Since then it's just been sitting and the more I look at it I just don't know when I'll get around to installing it and if I'll benefit all that much.

I did drive this combination before the overheat and the transmission shifted in all gears and the transfer case shifted in and out of 2 High, 4 High & 4 Low.

Photos to come (its still a little grimy and muddy), I just need to drag it all out and take pictures.I had time this afternoon to make this initial post and drum interest, so here we are. Another photo-less for sale thread.

Located in Louisville, KY. (40205)

Local pickup preferred but I'm willing to strap it all on a pallet and ship via Fastenal at the my back's expense/buyer's monetary expense.

Asking $3000.00 OBO.

Will possibly entertain Cruiser related, British car related, and small arms related trades.

Feel free to post or PM any questions or comments.

I'm happy to send you my number if you'd prefer to chat about it on a call.

If you're localish, come see it and we'll have beer, too.

-Ian

SOLD 12-1-2019

Last edited:
0Hi06Lf.jpg

7q34uj0.jpg

MBXol6D.jpg

TCKt0SP.jpg

DLe3tdY.jpg

5VjLirt.jpg

MV9ijXj.jpg

I’ve got a nicely painted ready to bolt in series 2a Land Rover bulkhead and a mountain of other Land Rover parts if that’s British car enough 😉

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom