For Sale ***SOLD*** 1978 FJ55 Body + Full BobM Kit + Restored Frame + Title (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All, after months of difficult consideration, I think it's time to move on from my FJ55 project. I've learned a lot and had a ton of fun, but life and work obligations have made it too difficult to continue this project at any reasonable pace.

My craigslist ad copy is pasted below. I've collected a lot of good, valuable parts over the last couple of years. Happy to answer any questions or discuss how you might be able to use these items on your project.

Located in Springfield, MO

Shelby Wood
417-234-7348
shelby.wood1331@gmail.com

For sale is my stalled 1978 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ55 project. My dad and I have had fun with this project; however, my life has changed significantly over the last year and too many other things are competing for my time and attention (busy new job, move to a new city, and an upcoming wedding).

Pictures of the project can be viewed at the following link:

FJ55 Photos - Google Drive

I would really like to see these parts used to save another FJ55. I have priced various parts piecemeal, starting with the body, doors, and rotisserie. The BobM metal kit, frame, title, and OME kit are not for sale without the body.

Body, doors, tailgate, and rotisserie - $900

The body is fully stripped, sandblasted, and mounted on a rotisserie. The roof, doors, hood, inner surround, and tailgate are all completely rust free. As can be seen in the photos, rust is present in the rockers, floorboards, and rear quarters; however, a complete replacement metal kit is available below. The material costs for the rotisserie alone make up most of this asking price.

BobM Replacement Metal Kit - $2100

This kit was produced by BobM (of iH8Mud fame) and includes floorboards, rockers, rear quarters, lower fenders, body mounts, and rear shelf. To my knowledge, the full kit is no longer available from BobM. More information about this kit can be had at the following link: Floor pans,bodymounts floor supports rockers and rear corners.

Powdercoated Frame, Body Tags, and Clean Title - $400

Fully restored, professionally powdercoated frame and all body tags, data plates, and title. The frame is set up to accommodate the Old Man Emu suspension kit below. I have an open title for the vehicle and the ability to title it in my name with the payment of back taxes and penalties. The purchaser of the body and the frame can have the title for whatever additional it costs to transfer the title into my name.

Old Man Emu Suspension Kit - $1200

This is a complete Cruiser Outfitters full FJ55 suspension kit. It is brand new, in box. We relocated the suspension hangers for installation of this kit on the frame above before powdercoating. This kit retails new from Cruiser Outfitters for $1575 plus shipping.

Thanks for looking. I’m happy to answer any questions at 417-234-7348 or shelby.wood1331@gmail.com. If I miss your call, please leave a message and I’ll call you back as soon as possible.

Oh man, sorry to hear this. Anybody looking for these type parts this is a good deal. I've seen Shelby's frame and it is beautiful. Sandblasting and powdercoating will be more than 400.

Good luck with the sale and let me know if I can help in anyway.

Build another one for the rest of the family, Andre. Ron (Scrapdaddy) would probably help. I'd be tempted if I didn't still have a Model A waiting in line and a new motorcycle toy to play with.

***SOLD***

A cruiser nut from Virginia drove to Missouri this weekend and hauled away most of my 55 stuff. It sounds like the project went to a good home. The buyer plans to continue with it and get the rig on the road someday. He isn't active on Mud, but has several 60s, 55s, and a really nice 40.

It's bittersweet to see the project go, but I learned a lot and had fun with it. I'll continue lurking on this forum with the intention of owning another 55 someday when the timing is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom