SoCal 80 Series Parts source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOAZtim

Car Camping round the world
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey guys,
Our 80 is just arriving back from South America and it's time to do some basic maintenance. (Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, filters etc). What Toyota parts source do you use here to get a decent discount on parts?
Also, anyone open during the quarantine to do shock rebuilds? I need to rebuild my Icon 2.5"s, but I'm considering just taking them to someone since where we're staying doesn't have space to do much work.

Cheers!
Tim

The truck:
P1050668.JPG

Not sure where you're at but North County San Diego Toyota Carlsbad has 20% discount for 20 year old vehicles. Newer rigs still get 20% off parts if you're a card carrying TLCA member.

Not sure where you're at but North County San Diego Toyota Carlsbad has 20% discount for 20 year old vehicles. Newer rigs still get 20% off parts if you're a card carrying TLCA member.
Ah, that would help to include. Currently in San Clemente. Do you need to mention Mud to get the discount there on 20 year old trucks?

I've gone to the San Juan dealership when they'll price Norwalk Toyota(Toyota Parts Giant | Toyota Parts Cheap - Toyota Parts), I usually give San Juan the shipping too as to make up for the drive. Sometimes they're not willing to match and I'll wait for Norwalk to ship.

Watched your happy hour youtube live and asked about cutting Goose's roof. Campteq has our top done, I just need to figure out how to get it here or when I'm able to make the drive. This virus has made it hard to get away from work . It'd be nice to take some measurements if I decide to do the cut myself... after a few drinks of course. We're not too far from the southside Pedro's;)

Last edited:
Thanks!

Sounds like a plan! Can't wait to be able to head to breweries, Mexican food etc again! (We've been consuming more than our share of Las Golandrinas chips these last weeks since they are available at the supermarket)

Cheers! :beer:

I've gone to the San Juan dealership when they'll price Norwalk Toyota(Toyota Parts Giant | Toyota Parts Cheap - Toyota Parts), I usually give San Juan the shipping too as to make up for the drive. Sometimes they're not willing to match and I'll wait for Norwalk to ship.

Watched your happy hour youtube live and asked about cutting Goose's roof. Campteq has our top done, I just need to figure out how to get it here or when I'm able to make the drive. This virus has made it getting away from work hard. It'd be nice to take some measurements if I decide to do the cut myself... after a few drinks of course. We not to far from the southside Pedro's;)

Norwalk Toyota Parts!

Side question: Does anyone have stock or some random crappy shocks for an 80 I could borrow for a few days?
I want to drive our shocks down to San Diego to get them rebuilt and although I've driven trucks with no shocks... I know it's stupid and terrifying.

If anyone has even just 2 stock or extra cheap shocks that would be enough to get it down there.
Thanks,
IMG_20200417_130659.jpg

Side question: Does anyone have stock or some random crappy shocks for an 80 I could borrow for a few days?
I want to drive our shocks down to San Diego to get them rebuilt and although I've driven trucks with no shocks... I know it's stupid and terrifying.

If anyone has even just 2 stock or extra cheap shocks that would be enough to get it down there.
Thanks,
View attachment 2276366

I have 4 stock height bilstein Shocks you can borrow/have but I may be too far from you guys. I am located in 92346 zip code

Thank you! I think you're right. I think it's too far north to head for now, but I appreciate the offer. If I can't find some shocks I may strap them to a friends motorcycle and run them south. Cheers!

Lol no worries. Just let me know. Good luck and thanks for all the great content.

I think we have OME Ls in the shed.

lol, shocks not the springs. Held on to them so I could rebuild the kings.

Just got done with work I'll go dig them out of the shed.

You're welcome, always willing to help out.

I have a complete set of Bilsteins sitting at home. Could meet you Tuesday. Or swing by my place on the way south, Escondido, and swap them there. Not sure where your getting the Icon's serviced at.

Never had much luck with San Juan Capo Toyota. They mark up over MSRP. As FJ Ranger said, when they match they add what you would have paid for shipping. Good to know about Toyota Carlsbad on older trucks. San Juan used to give a TLCA discount but they fired fhe guy years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom