so u think u can garden!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Harvested a ziplock gal bag full of Jalapeos, toasted, skined, chopped up, not thinking i scratched my nose cause it itched. hahaha Always having FUN....

Wish my heirloom tomatoes would give fruit.... but the peppers i cant eat them quick enough...

Tomatoes coming in very good. Getting this much every three days or so. Peppers finally starting to come in as well.

ForumRunner_20130730_104214.jpg

ForumRunner_20130730_104233.jpg

I just got use my cruiser in the garden! Winched out a stump to make room for green house! Garden has been growing while I was on vacation.

image-773299678.jpg

image-1326863889.jpg

Have any of you guys ever tried growing winter veggies in 5 gallon buckets? I was thinking of kale broccoli spinach and maybe some butternut squash acorn squash. I know the squash plants are vining and they're going to grow out of the bucket which isn't a huge deal but I like them to be portable. I was just going to dig a Gardenspot but I have access to a ton of free 5 gallon buckets and I figured it would be easier for me just to use the buckets and control the soil. I'm in zone 7 from what I've seen on an online seed store, just not sure how to start this. Any help is welcomed

Thanks guys

I know a few guys that plant it buckets and have had really good success...most important parts are the soil and drainage, as far as what to plant and what will do best I'm still looking into that for myself this winter. I've got the square foot garden book which has a soil recipe and also ideas for what to plant during the year.

Well I've ordered my seeds now I just need to figure out the soil part. I really don't have the resources or time to blend my own so I'm looking for either ready made bag mix or a place where I can just fill my buckets and buy what I need. Any suggestions???

Just go to lowes and get miracle grow potting soil.

Zone 7 has there own mix, that's what I used this year and have had great success with it.

I was thinking about lowes but after reading all this stuff about soil I've made myself confused

What's zone 7 mix?

So how did everyone do this Season? Peppers did Very well like every year, Eggplants did good, but the tomatoes not so well. None of the banana trees had fruit this year, but then again their less then 5yrs old.
What do you have planed or have already planted for the Fall? Just more flowering bulbs, havent really looked into planting food wise for fall/winter.

Tomatoes did ok. Peppers did pretty well. No squash whatsoever. Cucumbers did pretty well as well. I am done till spring.

Anyone grow over the winter. I've got kale, broccoli, butternut squash and Brussels sprouts.

Tomatoes did good. Had some great apples from 3 year old tree:) jalapeños did great and are killer hot now. I'll winter that plant inside for the 2nd time, see how long it will go. Some good carrots. Hardly any peas though. Wired. No beans or cukes. Removed a stump to make room for a green house next spring.

My bell peppers are at my waist and still going strong, tomatoe plans are everywhere, but not putting on many tomatoes.

Lost my squash to the two day cold snap but everything else looks good. Can't wait for spring and raised beds to come.

image-2325692553.jpg

Oh its about that time again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom