So....is this a scam? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My first rule of thumb for craigslist is whether or not they leave a phone number. If you can get a number and talk to the guy then it might be legit. Looking at the price I REALLY doubt it's real. Marv at Specter does not sell things like that anywhere near the asking price.

So, YES, it's most likely a SCAM.

I talked with someone at the 45 run last September who told me that as of July 1 2008 NO MORE RHD vehicles could be registered in CA by the DMV...PERIOD. There's probably a thread somewhere else on MUD about this.

I am a little dubious that the author of the ad doesn't know this.

I talked with someone at the 45 run last September who told me that as of July 1 2008 NO MORE RHD vehicles could be registered in CA by the DMV...PERIOD. There's probably a thread somewhere else on MUD about this.

:hmm: good point.

Trying to locate that info on the DMV website and haven't found it yet

Before Buying a Vehicle From Out of State—Be Sure You Can Register It in California (FFVR 29)
As usual, there are a few exceptions included in the law. As a California resident or business you may be able to register a 49-State vehicle if you:

* Obtained it as part of a divorce or inheritance settlement.
* Purchased it to replace a vehicle stolen while you were using it out of state.
* Purchased it to replace a vehicle which was destroyed or made inoperative beyond reasonable repair while you were using it out of state.
* Were on active military duty outside California, and you registered the vehicle in the state of your last military service.

Nothing specifically mentioning RHD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom