snow plow (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just saw this today. It belongs to the skipper of one of our local cable ferries. I wasn't able to talk to him but his deckhand said it was OK to take pictures.

I don't see any provision for angling or tilting the blade but it looks relatively cheap and simple.
Snow Plow Mount 21 Feb 2009 001.jpg
Snow Plow Mount 21 Feb 2009 002.jpg
Snow Plow Mount 21 Feb 2009 003.jpg

One more

Here is one more picture
Snow Plow Mount 21 Feb 2009 004.jpg

Bezel

Wayne, You did stick around and tell the skipper to fix his Bezel, right ? :) Dave from the Kootenai River South

Dang - I was so busy looking at the plow installation I never even saw the bezel.

Interesting home-grown how-to. Necessity is the mother of invention, as they say.

For the time, effort and expense gone through, one could have very likely purchased and installed a used known commercial brand and ended up with something certainly more purpose intended, functional, durable and less hokey.

Since nobody makes an installation kit for the 40 series LandCruisers there would still be a whole lot of invention and fabrication to adapt something to the vehicle. To my eye this is more of a project put into use half finished, but it also doesn't require installation of a hydraulic pump and related systems.

Bear also in mind that in the early '50s I saw logging operators using Cat bulldozers that had a manual angle adjustment for the blades if they had any adjustment at all and used a secondary winch setup to lift and lower the blade, might be where the person who did this got the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom