Snake blinders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

musthave

Doc says I'm 1 in 120K. Lucky?
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Does anyone know how the snake blinders are held on? I am preparing to remove mine from my 60 series. i’m not sure if they are a little plastic clips like door panels or what.

Does anyone know how the snake blinders are held on? I am preparing to remove mine from my 60 series. i’m not sure if they are a little plastic clips like door panels or what.
Yep, little plastic clips that will likely break when you pry on them. A wide screwdriver should do it. IIRC, the end of the snake blinder has a cap that you need to unscrew first. Clips are cheap and still available from the dealer as of last summer. Suggest you get a set before they’re NLA, just in case you want to put back or sell the blinders.

You selling them?

A few of the plastic clips on my binders are broken and I just ordered them from Toyota. They’re cheap and so I figured I’d replace all of them. I noticed that it doesn’t want to just slide out of that front cap thing though. Any suggestions on removing that without breaking anything?

Update - I’m an idiot - the angle and my sliders make it tough to see but now I see the screws holding it in place.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom