Slider sweetness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally built some sliders for the runner the other weekend. They're pretty simple in design. I had u bolts bent up that fit around my frame which allowed me to easily bolt the sliders instead of weld them to my frame. Main tube is inch and three quater .120 wall, and outer tube is inch and one half, also 120 wall. The mounting plates are 1/4" thick with 1/8" flat stock wrapped around them to keep them from flexing when being tightened down. 1x3 tubing was used to connect the mounting plates to main tube. Well anyways heres some pics.

Mounts:

getting closer:

ready for paint:

primed:

all done:

Nice welds and design. Looks great on your truck.

Holy crap. I just saw your sig. You live in my town!

Is this a hobby or do you do this for a living?

Yea this is just a hobby for me, I've lived in BG pretty much my whole life.

Very nice work!

those came out really nice!!! never really thought of a "bolt on" slider. but hell, if it works, run with it!

thanks guys.

I had custom u bolts bent about a month ago but I have yet to get this project finished. One thing I'll probably take from your mounts is adding that lip around the plate that mounts to the frame.

Just out of curiousity, what size diameter u-bolt did you use?

those came out really nice!!! never really thought of a "bolt on" slider. but hell, if it works, run with it!

I hadn't either til I started looking at armor for my 80, they are much more common than you think.

I think the u-bolts that came with my 80 sliders were 1/2" or 5/8" diameter. Took 3/4" wrench to tighten the bolts.

i wanna say that the bolts were either 3/8" or 1/2" not sure of the top of my head, i had them made by oregon auto spring in portland. And the lip i feel really beefed up the mounting plates, and gave it a more finished look.

nice work, you could build and sell these - as I dont think there are any bolt-on slider options for the 3rd gen 4runner

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom