Sleeping in Truck vs. Tent? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unless your not crazy about climbing a ladder to get in and out of bed.

That's my concern. What happens when you have to pee at 3AM?

Its called torque in the morning :D

i like sleeping in the truck. never had any condensation problems
you can't really sleep very well w/ the 2nd row seats. maybe 1 person sleeping diagnolly. if you take them out, you have plenty of room for stuff and stretching out.

the only problem is if you carry a lot of stuff, you have to take it out. maybe not a big deal or maybe impossible.

i like sleeping in the truck. never had any condensation problems
you can't really sleep very well w/ the 2nd row seats. maybe 1 person sleeping diagnolly. if you take them out, you have plenty of room for stuff and stretching out.

the only problem is if you carry a lot of stuff, you have to take it out. maybe not a big deal or maybe impossible.
I was thinking about that last night. If you build the platform you gain storage, I think we could fit most our crap under there. That would mean the ice chest and a couple of tote bins to unload for us. That leaves the dog. He's a 65# poodle, not a dog you want in a queen bed all night. Plus he is usually filthy when we are out camping. :idea:I guess I could rig a platform across the front seats for him.

That leaves the dog. He's a 65# poodle, not a dog you want in a queen bed all night. Plus he is usually filthy when we are out camping. :idea:I guess I could rig a platform across the front seats for him.

Leash, tied to the hitch, or in a soft sided collapsible kennel

I've clocked about two months overall worth of camping in my old 60. It's especially comforting when camping in bear country. I used a tarp hung from the rear lift tied with nrs straps to trees for a covered rear awning. When I needed a little leg room I just opened the tailgate and stretched out. As mentioned earlier, crack the windows a little to prevent condensation.

I once was camping in my bivy between Marble and crested butte, Colorado and had a big harry visitor standing over me in the middle of the night. Since then, I camp exclusively in the cruiser.

Has anyone seen/done a VW westfalia type pop up camper to a cruiser?

Leash, tied to the hitch, or in a soft sided collapsible kennel

:eek:

Consider leaving your child outside tied to the bumper overnight. Jake is a family member. I know a lot of people don't think of dogs that way, but we do.

I've had this discussion several times as well.

I like the "hike in and camp in a tent" style of camping. Rarely ever sleep where I park.

I do like the idea of an RTT though, or at a minimum setting up in the Troopy if that's possible.

I suppose one way to look at it is the money it would cost me to do a rack an RTT and gear, or just a tent, or inside the Cruiser.

RTT set ups are pricey, period.

:eek:

Consider leaving your child outside tied to the bumper overnight. Jake is a family member. I know a lot of people don't think of dogs that way, but we do.

My dogs prefer to be outside, and I do consider them my children.

My dogs prefer to be outside, and I do consider them my children.

Sorry I didn't mean anything by that. Jake sleeps in our bedroom every night, I just couldn't imagine leaving him outside when we camp or even not having him in our room at home when we sleep.
I'm sure you love your dogs as much as we love Jake. I've had dogs that preferred to be outside too. Truth be known Jake would probably be fine outside, but I'm not sure we would be okay with it.:lol:

Goretex window screens would be cool. You could leave the windows open and the water vapor could get out, but the liquid water couldn't get in if it rained. Hmmm... I wonder if my old Simms waders would be a good donor.

Goretex window screens would be cool. You could leave the windows open and the water vapor could get out, but the liquid water couldn't get in if it rained.

I doubt goretex would transpire much moisture in that situation. Goretex really isn't all that good at getting rid of moisture. Luvered vents with screens would be better.

Goretex works on a temperature gradient, easily passing water vapor from high temperature to low temperature. The more different the temperatures on the inside of the truck and the outside, the greater the movement of water vapor molecules across the membrane. As long as it was cold outside and hot and steamy inside, I bet it would work better than you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom