Slee Built 2006 100 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just got my truck back from Slee and as much time as I've spent on the 100 series list following everyone's builds and trying to figure out exactly what I wanted to do I think it's only fair that I return the favor. I got this 100 in Jan of this year and it's my 2nd 100 series. When I bought this cruiser the goal was to make it an offroad/expedition vehicle. Spending lots of time on Mud researching and going through what I wanted to do I finally decided what I wanted to do and gave Slee a call. Being that this cruiser had AHC the first thing to figure out was what to do with that. After telling Slee everything I wanted to do the AHC needed to go b/c of the weight I was adding to the cruiser. Prior to taking the truck to Colorado I removed the rear spoiler as I didn't think the rear ladder would fit with the 2006 whale tail spoiler.

While my truck was at Slee's shop I did the following:

ARB Front bumper - Warn 9.5 winch w/synthetic rope
Slee Rear bumper with camp light
Slee tube sliders
Slee Belly Plate, intermediate guard and Front Skid plate
Snorkel
OME lift kit Heavies 2.5"
Dual Battery System
Nitto Terragrapler 285/65/18

Still left to complete down the line:
Front and Rear lockers
Engel Fridge/freezer
Drawer System
Add rear tint

Overall the truck looks like a Cruiser should now. The guys at Slee do an amazing job. Here's the before and after pics.
The first pic is the truck before the lift. The original tires were 265's (smaller than stock)
Old Cruiser 1.jpg
Slee 1.jpg
Slee 2.jpg

Pics of sliders, rear bumper and dual battery system. The AHC fluid reservoir had to be removed for the 2nd battery.
Slee 3.jpg
Slee 4.jpg
Slee 5.jpg

Pics of Dual Battery System.
Slee 6.jpg
Slee 7.jpg
Slee 8.jpg

Awesome!! :clap::cheers:

Nice work! What is the added benefit of having multiple batteries? Does it take two batteries to run a winch, fridge, lights and other gadgets?

:cheers:

can run things like your fridge and such with engine off and never worry about your main battery not having enough juice to start you up in the middle of nowhere.

Makes me proud seeing my old 45 truck in the garage and the hundy's outside. They all look good.

Last edited:
Looks great! Very functional and of course, well executed!

Looks nice. Why did you decide to go with the IBS versus Slee's standard marine switch for the dual battery? Just curious.

Pics of Dual Battery System.
What are the two things on that rear inner trim panel, under the cup holder and in the back corner above the AC unit? Almost look like plug sockets, but larger.

Looks nice. Why did you decide to go with the IBS versus Slee's standard marine switch for the dual battery? Just curious.

Because Slees been doing the IBS and having good results.

100TD, thanks for the link, might pick some up since I've got the military terminals too.

This one is for Christo..........
It may be worth supplying, or at least advising customer of availability (and additional cost) of decent battery terminal covers. They can be had from VTE World. They are the best, available in Red & Black
466 Series Battery Terminal Insulator

BTM-OVALR-COVER.jpg

There's also a pic below, I've trimmed the OEM cover back on the MAIN battery, something you may want to think about.
https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=176376&stc=1&d=1190951409

There are some other sources listed in this thread (https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/355753-covers-military-spec-battery-terminals.html) I started in the 80's section. I ordered those covers from VTE World and they were a great company to deal with. The covers are nice quality and I feel a bit safer knowing that it is now more difficult for me to accidentally weld something underhood :eek:

That is a really nice 100 build! Please keep posting updates :cheers:

Got it. Must be a fairly recent change since I got the marine switch with my dual battery set-up in April.

I need to get some of those 12V sockets for my passenger side.

I thought Christo told me the 9.5 winch wouldn't fit in the ARB bumper?

Is Slee selling the IBS dual battery system? I can't find any US dealers for the IBS products. I'm curious of the price compared to National Luna's system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom