Skyjacker Strut Performance Lift Kit for FJ(read before install PLEASE) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.dailyuna.blogspot.com
Skyjacker performance strut 3" lift
Includes:
Front replacement strut (re-use factory spring)
Rear coil springs
Rear end links
four .25" thick red bushings w/ nipple
four .78" thick black hard poly spacer bushings
two rear nuts for end link stud

You have to purchase the rear shocks seperately (which I recommend for the ride factor)

Well, the instructions are not very specific on what you do with the front bushings.
You re-use the factory top strut mount. In order to use the skyjacker bushings, you must remove the black bushing that is pressed in the underside of the top strut mount.
The small red bushing goes under the top strut mount and the black poly spacer bushing goes on top of the top strut mount.

On the rear, Skyjacker says to re-use the factory bolt for the eye mount of the new rear end link. Well, the factory end link has a permanent mounted stud (non re-useable). So this is impossible. I went to the hardware store and got a nut and bolt for this. Also, the nut Skyjacker provided for the stud mount at the top of the end link wasn't correct, the threads didn't match, so I had to go get a nut also at the hardware store.
However the skyjacker end link is hitting the trailing arm now. So I am going to see what is causing this tomororw, I will update you when I know the deal. (might be the bolt I used or could be because the size difference in stock to skyjacker, because it was a huge difference - will inform you tomorrow)

I will give all other added info once I have it but wanted to get this out there for anyone else who *might* be installing this kit.
Other than the instructions and hardware s*** Ive dealt with its a nice kit (ride wise and handling and such - definitely better than spacers) But the install REALLY makes me irked.

Thanks Una for keeping us updated on the progress. I added this thread to the faq for the benefit of future Skyjacker customers.

What grade were the hardware store bolts? I just ask because I would hate to see any problems with a bolt that snapped because it was the wrong grade.

Zack

only the best stainless grade 8 i got :)

and:
WELL... contacted skyjacker today.. they sent all my suggestions/issues to R&D who should be contacting me tomorrow. (yea good luck with that one Una)

took FJ wheeling to flex it out as much as possible today to try to reproduce what we *thought* was the end link hitting the trailing arm. i couldnt get ANYTHING to bang. (and it wasn't the coils seating because i had been driving on them for 2 weeks prior) So Im not sure what that was about. But at full articulation, the end link and swaybar have plenty of room so that wasn't it.
None the less the hardware kit sucked. I don't know what in the hell was banging...

so thats my update for now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom