Skeeter Beater window screens (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone purchased the Skeeter Beater window screens? If so what model did you purchase and how well do they fit? Bonus if you have pictures!

Has anyone purchased the Skeeter Beater window screens? If so what model did you purchase and how well do they fit? Bonus if you have pictures!

Ha-ha!! What are "skeeters"?? (just kidding) Down here in So. Cal, we never get them!! :p
I just looked at their website and just a heads up Washingtontaco, there are no GX460 products. Do the GX470 and GX460 have the same window profiles?

As a resident in the land of 10,000 mosquitoes, I've tried a variety of window screen products. You should be able to find one that fits. Although there are cheaper "sock" type stretchy screens on ebay that work too by slipping over the top of the door frame.

Having said all that, I recommend The Overnighter, mainly because it has an awning that allows use during rainy conditions. The Overnighter™ SUV Window Tent with Bug Screen and Retractable Awning - Roadie Products - https://roadieproducts.com/product/the-overnighter/

As a resident in the land of 10,000 mosquitoes, I've tried a variety of window screen products. You should be able to find one that fits. Although there are cheaper "sock" type stretchy screens on ebay that work too by slipping over the top of the door frame.

Having said all that, I recommend The Overnighter, mainly because it has an awning that allows use during rainy conditions. The Overnighter™ SUV Window Tent with Bug Screen and Retractable Awning - Roadie Products - https://roadieproducts.com/product/the-overnighter/
Thanks but that looks like WAY too much work.

I am a fan of the window sox. Quick and easy. I keep one in each door pocket. Have used them many times on my 100 for camping/sleeping inside. Can't help with size or dimensions right now, my 100 is in storage at the moment.

Amazon product ASIN B00YI3IGA6

I am a fan of the window sox. Quick and easy. I keep one in each door pocket. Have used them many times on my 100 for camping/sleeping inside. Can't help with size or dimensions right now, my 100 is in storage at the moment.

Inexpensive!

Thanks but that looks like WAY too much work.
It's really not. It takes a minute or two to set up the awning, the rest takes 10 seconds, you just slip it over the door.

The biggest benefit is you can still get ventilation when it is raining.

It looks like it can only be used in a static situation as in parked. I would assume driving with it, it would blow and bellow like crazy unless it was specifically designed for a make and model vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom