Simple welder question... after research (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy-

So I have been reading the posts here about MIG vs TIG vs Stick vs Flux Core and all the other stuff with welders for days now.

I have a tiny cheap (Northern Tool) 110 amp wire welder... flux core with no option for gas.

The spatter is crazy, but it makes for killer sparks around the shop. :) This has gotten me by for all kinds of household stuff but I am seriously thinking about fabbing up a bumper/tire carrier, and some rock sliders, and doing some serious (read extensive) body work on a new cruiser project.

I think it is time for a new welder. I like how clean the MIGs burn.

Question, is a 220v MIG wire feed with gas my best option? I was looking at the Hobart Handlers... are there better options for the same price?

Thanks in advance, I know this gets revisited about every week here.

Rezarf <><

Hobart and Miller are made in the same facility so go for it!

alia176 said:
Hobart and Miller are made in the same facility so go for it!

It's true. There are differences between the models of same output between the brands but they don't amount to much. A plastic part vs. a steel part; flippable wire guide vs nonflippable; a couple of other things and the different colors.
Most say that the Miller models are better built but I think that it's mostly a matter of everyone having an opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom