Should have named it a Scion then.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bkg

Threads
Had to (cross) post this little tid-bit. I think it's pretty telling of Toyota's intentions for this turd of a vehicle...

Toyota Motor Co.p. hopes the new FJ Cruiser, a boxy, two-door sport utility vehicle with room for five, will attract young buyers of its hip Scion brand when they're ready to trade up.

Source

very, very fitting.

Hmm...what about that is shocking? The FJ Cruiser is above the Scion brand "when they're ready to trade up".

Just like the Highlander appeals to those with a Rav4 and want to "trade up".
The Land Cruiser appeals to those with a 4Runner who want to "trade up".

I don't see anything shocking there at all. They are just saying they are positioning the FJ Cruiser above the Scion line, but wanting that demographic. Toyota has already said numerous times it was going for that demographic.

bkg said:
Had to (cross) post this little tid-bit. I think it's pretty telling of Toyota's intentions for this turd of a vehicle...

Source

this argument makes ZERO sense. i guess they should rename toyota scion since toyota is hoping move up buyers to go from xas into corollas, then camrys. then we should rename lexus scion, too, since they will continue moving up into es 330s and ls 430s.

get a grip dude. just cause you don't happen to like it doesn't mean it can't be a toyota.

i love this s***....

IMHO: Yota did a fine job creating a vehicle that was suitable for the markets needs, although they didn't change much from the concept or put much effort into the last two years, I think they did ok. With regards to that post about FJ C or a Heep, I'll take the FJ C thanks.

As far as denograding the thing into a Scion, I may take that too. Lexus was a knock off brand that has faired pretty well. I have/or have owned in the recent past: (3)40's, 80, (2) 100's, (2) 3rd Gen Runners and a 4th gen Runner. I haven't been disappointed yet by any of them. Toyota still makes a very high quality vehicle and until they prove otherwise I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Find another new midsize SUV that performs over time as well as the 4th Gen Runner. I'll bet you can't for under 30K.

All in all a decent piece of work in my mind, just a little disappointed they didn't make more changes and more ultilitarian features from concept to production rides. Not to mention the 40's features like a removeable top, steel fenders that you can stand on, jump seats and the list goes on for a while.

Scion, maybe!?!?!

Doug M.

bkg said:

Source

RALPH! They wont be able to afford it!

TB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom