Short tube header clearance (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So down the beach today i noticed at some point during articulation and steering movement that i had a clunk in the steering wheel, after a quick check of the steering i found that it looks like the headers i had fitted on friday are contacting the steering tube. Has anyone else had this with short tubes? If so wats the best fix

1185481052.png

A small dent in the headers may be the best option. Also how are the motor mounts?

I found a shorter bolt that sits flush in the female thread of the clamp, cant see any signs of rubbing on the old bolt head or the clamp its self so hoping its all good now

That's a special bolt in the steering input shaft with extra knurls in the shank to prevent loosening. Make sure the new bolt is secure. I would use a healthy dose of locktite.

Removed the bolt and the spring washer, measured it next to factory bolt and trimmed the factory bolt thread, also removed the spring washer off the factory bolt as after some quick research it appears the general consesus on those is they are useless, loaded threads with loctite blue and bolted it back in. Removing the washer also gave me some more clearance on the bolt head side. So hopefully the splines on the bolt and the loctite are enough to hold it in and the new clearance is enough to keep it from hitting the pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom