Shopping for a 2nd Gen Sequoia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SJWantsADiesel

GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
Looking to replace my 100-series with a 2nd Gen Sequoia. Not right away but I have overlanding mods in mind down the road and definitely a supercharger. Based on what I read on other forums, looking for:
  1. 2011+ since the early ones had rust issues apparently
  2. avoid Platinum because of the adjustable suspension mechanism that might need work to remove/replace if/when I decide to lift it or do other mods
  3. No Flex Fuel - isn't clear what's the impact when adding a supercharger so I think it is safe to stay with the regular V8.
Are any specific years better than others? Did Mr. T add any mechanical goodies in later years - not concerned much with interior/exterior shiny objects? Specific parts or components to check for failure/wear over and above the usual pre-purchase inspection?

Thanks!

2018+ will get you the facelift version. The years after that basically each had small incremental updates in terms of technology. The Platinum does have the air suspension and it's great if you haul any items since it will level itself out. It also had the adjustable shocks which I think really helps the handling of the vehicle in general, but yes, if you want to lift it or mod it, then I would suggest not getting a Platinum.

Definitely check for rust, no matter what area you buy from. Not sure as for what else to check, but potentially check the engine for any oil leaks since the 5.7 can have issues. I believe the earliest models had issues with the secondary air injection pump so I think the later you can go 2014+ would probably be best.

First mod ordered 😅
1684171902874.png

Which one did you end up getting?

Dont let the Platinum's scare you, the air suspension is AMAZING and thats our preferred trim to get.

All the years are good but the earlier years did come with a trans cooler. We're in Texas so rust is not an issue for us.

I ended up getting a 2017 SR5 with premium package on it. Only 88k miles. Coming from a 80 and 100 series Cruisers, I feel like a caveman. This thing is so nice and easy to drive. Can’t wait to start the build 😄
Congratulations, so much room! That counts for a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom