Shooting Classes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
All -

I just wanted to let you know the training company that I shoot with - Ronin Combat Strategies - is hosting a tactical pistol and tactical rifle class next weekend (March 26th and 27th).

I did a low-light pistol and rifle class last weekend that was fantastic. The shooting facility they are using is located in Holly Springs, MS and is really nice. It is a really nice range complex with very nice target systems and a live-fire shoothouse.

I definitely recommend training with these guys...it is a great way to hone your shooting skills and/or to maintain them. They take the time to bring you up to speed and/or challenge you to push your limits.

The classes are $190 a piece or $300 for both days.

Let me know if you are interested, you can check out the class descriptions via the link. I will be there for both days and would love for some CottonLand folks to join in.

- Mark

Ya'll have fun.......ive done enough for a lifetime

I thought that was a place I had been about 4 years ago but the website says it's new...2009....was there another facility near Southaven you know off? seems some buddies of mine went there for a pistol course one time and loved it.....same type company

Last edited:
SHUSH -

The one near Southaven is Shaw's. Not a bad place at all. There is no such thing as too much shooting...it is a perishable skill...at least in my opinion.

- Mark

Shaw's thats it.........I agree Mark.....I shoot occasionally with some buddies, but after 3 continues years I just can't get into it like I did.....esp. since im behind a desk now.

ramping up for deployment down the road.....yes ill get heavy into it again......but not to concerned with home defense skills at this point.

Is Shaw's still in business, and are they LE only, or open to the public? I've only taken classes from Rangemaster (I thru III), but would like to expand my horizons. I'm working on the Ronin weekend, but let me know if another opportunity comes along. As you said, perishable skills....

I'm working my way through Range USA after I got my gun permit class in. Jordan, get it in AR. I spent 3 hours at the DMV to fill out the paperwork, only to find out that I still have to get fingerprinted and some other stuff, then I need to wait 90 days. It's a crockery here. Good class, but the gov't side is a total CF.

Range USA has some good classes, from basic handguns to advanced to night fighting to vehicle defense. I plan on getting in as many as I can before I move :D

Wish I was closer.

Shaws is still open...they deal primarily with military contracts (Tier 1 and Tier 2 operators). Every once in awhile there may be a slot open for a civi but, those will usually go to contractors, etc.

Rangemaster is OK...it feels like Gunsite light to me. The classes are very Gunsite oriented - due to Tom G. being a Gunsite graduate. I took a few classes there - more so just to see what they offered and to me it is a fairly strict curriculum. I prefer training from companies and individuals like Ronin, Pat Rogers, Larry Vickers, Chris Costa, etc.

I do have to say I do enjoy the Ronin classes.

- Mark

WHEW! I just looked at the website.... the tactical pistol is on the first day, 600 rounds?! I just bought a Glock 39 (.45 G.A.P.) and 600 rounds even if i could get that in time would cost me $300..... DANG!

Think they'd let me in if i showed up with a Walther p22 or Sig Mosquito?

WHEW! I just looked at the website.... the tactical pistol is on the first day, 600 rounds?! I just bought a Glock 39 (.45 G.A.P.) and 600 rounds even if i could get that in time would cost me $300..... DANG!

Think they'd let me in if i showed up with a Walther p22 or Sig Mosquito?

which is why dont fire like I used to!!!! It was fun when it was on the military (read your tax dollar) dime, but not my own!!!!! Mark probably deals some smack on the side so he can throw $300 dollars worth of hot metal down range!!!! I feel sorry for the guy trying to break in Mark's house in memphis

Agree Shush. I got myself about 5000 rounds of .40 at the end of my military service and now I am down to about 200. I don't think I would enjoy my 100 a month if I was paying for it.

I have always been a much better shotgun shot than pistol or rifle, but I am still better than average. I am getting old, I can feel it in my shooting. I have certainly passed my prime with reflexes and focus.

I keep a steady supply of 5,000 rounds in 5.56, 7.62, 9mm, and .45...call it an insurance policy. Reloading does help a bit and I don't believe in investing in gold...I believe in investing in lead and brass.

- Mark

"We deal in lead, friend..." Great flick.

Gonna be out of town that weekend of the ronin class : (

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom